91.3 unids 8/13 MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91.3 unids 8/13 MS

If the first one is what it sounds like to me, it'll easily be my shortest meteor reception at under 300 miles.

The second one is a religious-oriented station with at least part of a phone number, and possible calls, but so far without filtering or slowing yet, I can't pull it out.
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

I don't want to let this one go away - I didn't provide what calls I believe I hear in the first clip initially so as not to lead others in the same direction, but I believe it's WQLN, which is in Erie, PA at about 280 miles....
    Russ Edmunds
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

I wasn't positive the first time I listened to your first clip, but now that you mention the calls I definitely hear "WQLN" in there, sounds like "WQLN Hotline". Sounds good to me.

In the second one, I hear the phone number "869-4997", which matches 91.3 WTRM's number. Makes sense as it does sound like troposcatter to me.

Comment

Thanks on both counts. I had most of the phone number but not all of it correct.

Now comes the big question - was WQLN MS or TS ? The graphic display of the half-hour segment looked like it was MS but I'm not sure how much different TS would look. My thought is that it didn't appear that signal either repeated or re-surfaced, where I had bits and pieces of religious programming in and out which it's now evident was WTRM.
        Russ Edmunds
        WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Working...
        X