Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/9 unIDed Es SS 92.7

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in posting this clip from 8-9, but I have been dealing with some computer issues. Anyway, can anyone please help me ID what sounds like maybe a Ford dealer/ or an location in this clip? My SS isn't near good enough to get this. Es at the time were from the TX area.
    Thanks,
    Craig WDX4CWC Oviedo, FL.
    Last edited by ; 08-14-2008, 04:40 AM.

My Spanish isn't good enough either, but this is very fast. A couple of thoughts - first at least 3 times in the clip, I hear "Santo Domingo"; second, I heard what sounds like three different dealer names. There are only two full power FM's in Texas in Spanish - South Padre Island and Laredo - on 92.7, and a check of Ford's website shows nothing remotely close to anything I hear in the clip. And there are no Spanish language stations on 92.7 in Louisiana. I wonder if this isn't Mexican.
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Thanks for attempting to translate and ID this clip Russ, you hear it the same way I do with the Santo Domingo and with what sounds like different Ford dealer mentions. One of the names I think I hear is Ed or En Ross??ea Ford. I even looked at Ford dealers in Santo Domingo, NM, just in case of the remote possibility it was 2x skip. Maybe what sounds like Ford, isn't, but it sure sounds like Ford and like a car dealer ad to me. Just goes to show, I thought this was going to be easy for someone to ID the car dealer and then I could look it up and then figure out a station. Oh well, maybe there is a word in SS that sounds similar to Ford and I have been on the wrong track here.
      Thanks again,
      Craig Cook WDX4CWC EL98JQ

Comment

I tried to match Ford dealers around south Texas and had no success. To me I hear the dealer as being "Rusty (last name) Ford" last name sounds like a single sylable. Or maybe "Ross" What you guys are hearing as "Santo Domingo" I'm hearing "Sábado y Domingo" (Saturday & Sunday) days for the car sale.
        Last edited by KW4RZ; 08-17-2008, 11:16 AM.
        Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Perdone mi amigos,

El emisora es KANR 92,7 Belle Plaine, Kansas, "Fiesta 92,7".

KANR doesn't have a website, but I found this listed at Wikipedia-
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KANR

The car ad is for Rusty Eck Ford in Wichita.
          http://www.rustyeckford.com/

***Update: They do have a website after all......
          http://www.fiesta927.com/
          Last edited by Jim Thomas; 08-17-2008, 01:52 PM.
          Jim Thomas
          Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
          Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
          Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

That's it Jim! I was Googling "Rusty Egg" and just about anything else that sounded like that and scanning over pages of car dealers in the Harlingen and Laredo, TX areas. I forgot about KANR being SS.
            What gave it away? I can't make out any location data.
            Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Originally posted by KW4RZ View Post
              What gave it away? I can't make out any location data.
              I grew up near Hutchinson, Kansas, which is a bit northwest of Wichita. Rusty Eck Ford was probably one of the first *big* Ford dealers in Wichita and I am kind of surprised they are still there (as in, not changing their name or being bought by someone else).

At any rate, I immediately recognized the Rusty Eck name and knew it was either the Wichita dealer or a new dealership they had somewhere else in the midwest. After looking at their website and seeing they are only in Wichita, Belle Plaine was a dead giveaway.
              Jim Thomas
              Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
              Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
              Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

No wonder I didn't find anything by looking for "Restiac Ford"...... phonetically close but nowhere near the cigar.
                Russ Edmunds
                15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
                WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
                Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
                Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
                all w APS9B @ 15'
                Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Well thanks Russ, Jim and Randy. This has turned out to be a helpful SS lesson for me, I think I have learned Sábado y Domingo now, but I would have never got Rusty Eck out of that clip I think. Well Randy, looks like you almost had it in your first post.
                  Thanks again for everyones help.
                  Craig WDX4CWC EL98JQ

Comment

Working...
                  X