6/12 Es unIDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/12 Es unIDs

Have two unIDs from the Es opening on 6/12 which included TX/OK/LA/AR.

The first is on 96.9 at 1214 ET, regional Mexican music into talk. Based on where the Es was going at that point (Houston area), KNTE looks like a possibility, but I don't hear a definitive ID in the clip. Hoping maybe someone familiar with them might be able to hear something recognizable.

The second was later on at 1345 on 98.5, "Real Country", using the ABC satellite format. KRXT Rockdale, TX is one I've found that uses that slogan, but that would have been more of a possibility earlier in the opening, as to this point the E-Skip was more in the Texoma region. Maybe someone with 100kw.com access can figure this one out?

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Last edited by NickNJ; 06-17-2009, 12:13 AM.

I'm almost positive the 96.9 is indeed KNTE Houston. At :28 there is a liner for "El Show De Don Cheto". This guy is apparently a Radio/TV personality under Liberman Broadcasting, which owns a small amount of TV and Radio stations, the only 96.9 is KNTE in Houston. http://www.lbimedia.com/sitemap/ has him under the TV column, but if you click to his site and click "Show" there is a mention of his radio show as well. Unfortunately the KNTE website is junk, with most pages blank, including the one that should list their DJs.

I wish there was a list of Real Country affiliates out there, they are really a pain to track down, I can't be of much help here unfortunately.
    Bryce Foster - K4NBF (formerly KG6VSW)
    Hermitage, TN EM66
    www.k4nbf.com

Tuners:
    Elad FDM-S2 SDR
    Sony XDR-F1HD

Antennas:
    Innovanntenna 10 Element FM beam (primary) @35 ft
    Winegard HD-6065 (phase) @25 ft with Bolin Phase Box
    Tennadyne T2 V/UHF log periodic @ 30 ft

Comment

Originally posted by KG6VSW View Post
      I wish there was a list of Real Country affiliates out there, they are really a pain to track down, I can't be of much help here unfortunately.
      This is the closest thing I can find to a *list*......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Country
      Jim Thomas
      Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
      Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
      Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

KRXT dropped Real Country 10/2005 per 100000watts.

KACO-OK, which I had along with KVOO ( "Today's Country Variety" ) during that opening uses "Real Superstar Country".

I see nothing else remotely close.
        Russ Edmunds
        15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
        WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
        Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
        Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
        all w APS9B @ 15'
        Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. The program match definitely makes sense for KNTE, and KACO is located right where the skip was going at that time, so that makes sense also.

Comment

Working...
          X