Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/11 Es unids

Several clips here

1) 92.1 @ 1814 a short "The Gift of Laughter" with Dave Edwards. I can't find this at all on the web. The skip area was jumping around.

2) 101.7 @ 1914, Spanish tele-talk. Skip zone mostly AL/AR/MS/LA/TX

3) 101.7 @ 1908, an ad with some hopefully recognizable place names, Skip zone mostly AL/AR/MS/LA/TX

4) 91.5 @ 1956, a distinctive and extremely unhelpful liner. Skip area LA/MS/TX

5) 101.7 @ 1128, an ad which has some place names which I can't pick out. Skip zone was AL-MS-LA-AR.

6) 92.1 @ 1813 featuring "The Parent Report" with ??? Wilson. I believe there's a K call in there. The skip zone was jumping around at this point.

As usual, any help will be appreciated.
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Hi Russ,

The 101.7 station in Spanish has a caller requesting the song Óyeme by the Spanish singer Mónica Naranjo. No IDs or locations given. It is likely KTCY in Azle, TX. They air the program Clásicos between 5 and 7 pm.

Jon
    Last edited by JonInFN03; 07-15-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Russ, "The Parent Report" is a Canadian Program with host Joanne Wilson.

On 92.1 it is broadcast M-F on CHMX in Regina, Saskatchewan...but at 11:20 am. However the website also says it is broadcast across North America. I have not been able to find what stations in the US it might be broadcast from.

EDIT: Russ, FWIW, I sent a quick e-mail to the people at The Parent Report asking if there is a broadcast station list for the US and asked what stations might be broadcasting it on 92.1.

John
      ];')
      Last edited by Kugellager; 07-15-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

In the meantime, here is the USA list, but no frequencies mentioned....however Radio-Locator can solve it....

http://www.theparentreport.com/radio/usa.html

Edit: Could this station have been 92.3? WDEF TN, from the list (mostly AM's), is the only thing close.

Edit: Who's to say it wasn't CHMX, another cloud? It sure happens to me! 2Es maybe, but who knows?

cd
        Last edited by cd637299; 07-15-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Considering that there was long skip out there, and not too far timewise from that I had KRUE-92.1-MN, and that I've heard SK before, that's not out of the question, although the times are off. I don't believe it was WDEF based on where I was hearing stations at the time. The station seemed to be a religious-oriented station.
          Russ Edmunds
          WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

The 101.7 at 1908 is WGEL. It says its 6:05 (so its Central time) and time for your Bond County news. It then mentions local McDonald's locations in Greenville, Carlyle, Breese, Highland and Troy. I put Google Maps over Bond County, IL and all of these locations popped up when I searched for local McDonalds. WGEL.com says they serve Bond County and Greenville, IL.
            DX Radios:
            Sony XDR-F1HD
            Sony XDR-S10HDiP
            Tecsun PL-390

Comment

Thanks ! I didn't realize the skip area had extended into IL. WGEL is unneeded here but eliminating unid's is still a good thing.
              Russ Edmunds
              WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Russ.

I note that KGRM-91.5 Grambling, LA uses the slogan "Music and More". Maybe them??
                Chris - Poughkeepsie, NY
                DTV DXer since April 2009
                See last 24hr DTV DX on Autologger Map here: https://rabbitears.info/tvdx/one_tun...01803EF/tuner1
                DTV DX screenshots at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtvdxer/sets
                DTV DX Videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtvdxer

Comment

KGRM ( along with KAYT ) has become a major Es pest and I've had to listen to them a lot on these recordings, and this is the only time I've heard this one. Therefore I'm thinking it's someone else.
                  Russ Edmunds
                  WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

I note that I didn't properly describe the 101.7 1128 AM clip. This seems to be a minor league baseball promo, and it seems to be either a Rays or Braves affiliate. There's a name of the stadium in it but I can't quite get it.
                    Russ Edmunds
                    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

I cant' find any 101.7 Rays affiliates on their list, but the braves have 2 101.7 affiliates. Their is W269CC (which relays WJTH-AM) and WYUM both in Georgia.
                      DX Radios:
                      Sony XDR-F1HD
                      Sony XDR-S10HDiP
                      Tecsun PL-390

Comment

I guess I wasn't too clear in my prior. What I meant was that it sounded as if the name of the minor league team the promo was for was either "Rays" or "Braves" making the target minor league team an minor league affiliate of either of the major league teams by that name.

Unfortunately, many of the lower level minor leagues have gone to naming the teams "The Gulf Coast League Rays" or "The Gulf Coast League Braves" without providing cities on either the major league team sites or the generic minor league site.

The locations in the clip sounds like "???? City Rays or Braves" to me.
                        Russ Edmunds
                        WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

This one turns out to have been WYOY-MS, and the team was the Mississippi Braves. I'd had WYOY a few minutes earlier, and they're a re-log.
                          Some audio filtration and slowing it down finally helped.
                          Russ Edmunds
                          WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Working...
                          X