91.7 on 08-08, could be Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91.7 on 08-08, could be Haiti

I am posting this, and I hope somebody can grab some words to ID this. It was recorded on Total Recorder during my doctor visit---it was around 12:10pm EST.

I have contacted our new member "fleconte" - he may know this.

Here's the mp3. BTW other 91.7's on my long clip included Caracol Radio in Colombia, La Rocka in Dom Rep & Radio Nacional de Venezuela, very very nice in spots....but alas, no Pegaisima!

cd

Very likely so, Chris. The first ad is for a store along Route Nationale #1 which ends or starts at Cap-Haitien. Owner can be reached any time at 361964. The initial 22 must have been omitted. Unfortunately you cut the address info for the UNICEF supported school mentioned at the end. That particular annct seems to be in French rather than Créole.
    Initially there is a mention of Haiti or (Cap) Haitien.

Comment

Hah, the phone number is 361064 though

Comment

The number at 00:39 is actually 3610-3464. There is a mention of l'Aéroport de Petite-Place Cazeau at 00:53. The school ad is for the Collège Jacques Desilien. 1st address is on Ave. Maïs Gaté and 12 Rue Nabussan #17 in Port-au-Prince.

This is obviously Radio Etoile in Port-au-Prince.

Jon
        Last edited by JonInFN03; 08-10-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Thank you both. I could listen again & make the clip longer, but I believe it really did fade out at the point I ended it. Azimuth I think was about 170 (Haiti would be about 120).

cd

Comment

Just an addition---I really felt that this was my shot at seeing Tele Eclair ch 4 as well....my TV antenna was pointed at Haiti during the appointment, and I did see TA 2 Dom Rep, but alas, nothing close, **unless** the AGIRA/AGIBA is Tele Eclair. (See TV unIDs.)

cd

Comment

Working...
            X