98.3 WILI CT? "Inside the 5 o'clock happy hour"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98.3 WILI CT? "Inside the 5 o'clock happy hour"

Does this audio clip sound like WILI in CT? It's a meteor burst from yesterday, at Burnt River ON. WILI comes up in a Google search. Clip attached.

With thanks,

Saul Chernos
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Adam Rivers, a DXer who works at WILI, rules them out. Bill Nollman wisely asked me what time I heard it. The answer to that is 6:20 pm EDT, which makes me suspect it's central time zone, as the clip says "inside the 5 oclock happy hour.... (that also rules out the AZ station also carrying something of that same name. Not that I'd expect AZ via meteor scatter...

Saul
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Comment

http://www.983thekeg.com/airstaff

ARKANSAS ON 98.3?

I ***think*** it's them ...

Saul
      Saul Chernos
      Burnt River ON

Comment

I swear I am hearing "K-KEG" at the :07 mark, right before "inside the 5 oclock happy hour..." May be pareidolia on my part, but the station DOES ID itself as K-KEG (KEG prounounced like what beer comes in, a KEG) when I have heard it. It is not a local for me, but it is close enough to me that I can receive it without special atmospheric conditions. I think it IS KKEG that you have there.

Comment

I agree that it sounds like K-KEG. That's the way it was pronounced when used on 92.1 a couple of years ago when it was an Es regular.
          Russ Edmunds
          15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
          WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
          Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
          Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
          all w APS9B @ 15'
          Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

I'll give a listen - with thanks to both of you!

I have heard the station before by MS, also I think by Es and even tropo.
            Saul Chernos
            Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
            X