FM E's Sepetember 4, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM E's Sepetember 4, 2011

Sunday evening FM E's logs. Thanks to those posting on the list and alerting me to the opening. (sorry for the late log posts but had to work yesterday). Note: these are only the unid stations.

All Times Central

1931 93.5 unid ads with 718 area code given

1932 94.7 unid local ads including "United Bank" in WV, mixing with another unid on 94.7 with choral gospel music.

1942 95.9 unid sports talk

1943 96.3 unid ss music

1946 99.3 unid The FOX
    Last edited by ; 09-06-2011, 07:45 AM.

Hi,

(718) is one of the area codes for NYC, so 93.5 is WVIP in New Rochelle, NY.

The 94.7 with WV mentions is likely WELK in Elkins, WV.

99.3 The Fox is WFQX in Front Royal, VA.

96.3 is WXNY in New York City. The song is La Quiero a Morir by Sergio Vargas. It matches the station's playlist on yes.com.

Jon
    Last edited by JonInFN03; 09-06-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

NYC....did you try for DT 2, KC5KBV?

cd

Comment

Fritze and others, may I suggest the following site for checking telephone area codes -

www.lincmad.com/locator.html

I've been using it for years.
        Russ Edmunds
        15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
        WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
        Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
        Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
        all w APS9B @ 15'
        Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

A dashing performance, Jon. I am impressed. First time I ever hear of the yes.com website.
          Henrik

Comment

Some notes on the yes.com site:

* less than half of all stations report to yes.com
            * the more airplay an artist gets, the less far back the data will go
            * to be able to go back a few days, you have to select the station, so if it's an unid with no suspects, you could be checking tens of stations
            * some syndicated talk shows which have a lot of bumper music will also report that to yes.com so you may find talk format stations showing up in the listings

Bottom line it's a very helpful site *if* you are able to identify the music/artist.
            Russ Edmunds
            15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
            WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
            Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
            Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
            all w APS9B @ 15'
            Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Right you are Russ. One has to be able to identify the music and/or artist. Incidentally, together with Jay Novello, and more than 10 years ago, I created a website outlining Latin American music genres, but no one ever told me that there was a site like yes.com

Comment

You can try midomi.com for identifying songs. If you've ever seen their smartphone apps advertised, people hold their phone up to music playing and it identifies it. The website works the same way. Just plug the audio output from your DX recording into the line input or microphone input of your computer. Then play the clip into midomi.com. You'll need about 10 seconds of audio. It can tolerate a decent amount of static. They have a pretty large database of songs, but newer music is indexed a lot better I've noticed. It identified the song in your 96.3 clip no problem. You can then search that song/artist on yes.com
                DX Radios:
                Sony XDR-F1HD
                Sony XDR-S10HDiP
                Tecsun PL-390

Comment

Thanks spunker88. I'll check that out, although much of what I need is already on youtube and google.

Comment

Hello,

On the clip "1943CDT_96-3_UNID_hispanic-music_clashing_w-MLB_4Sept2011.mp3‎", at 8 seconds I hear "one nothing Tigers" -not sure if that is also DX or one of your locals?

Comment

Working...
                    X