Two ES unids from Spring 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two ES unids from Spring 2011

One is from 5/22 and is on 100.1, Skip was to OK. This is an NAB radio promo, with a local merchant who states a name, and says he's been advertising on what sounds like "KROD" with success. Maybe it's not KROD, and maybe it's an FM translator of an AM or maybe of another FM.

The other is from 6/15, with skip From AL/MS/LA. It features an announcement which contains a website and apparent calls. Here again this could be a translator.
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

On 91.9 I hear "Eva Brook(s)" but could not find anything on her. Could not make out enough of anything else.

On 100.1 I hear beginning at 00:05 "This is Randy Brad? Manager of Lester/Lister home furnishings" "we advertise on KRIG? (KRIT?)" followed by a couple of seconds a garbled location? Then at 00:11 "If you don't advertise -You Should - Radio (Mexico or Texaco or Tixaco or something" Followed by a jingle that dounds like they repeat "Radio Mexico" at 00:15.

I have attached an image of my Windows EQ settings

KRIG is a FM station on 104.1 in Nowata, OK

That's the best I could do. Hope it helps.

John
    ];')

Comment

You've pretty much gotten what I did except that I had the third letter of the call as an "O", which was also no real help. OK is within the skip area, and KRIG is owned by the same people who own KYFM on 100.1, so that's certainly a possibility as they've been heard here by Es before. But I can't find anything remotely lose to the name of the furniture store....
      Russ Edmunds
      15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
      WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
      Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
      Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
      all w APS9B @ 15'
      Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

Comment

Its quite common for small companies that own only a few radio stations to mention their other stations, they do that around here sometimes. I searched Google Maps for furnishings/furniture companies in the Bartlesville, OK area and found Westco Home Furnishings in nearby Dewey, OK. On the Westco Home Furnishings website the manager of the Dewey location is Brandon Brown. Listen to the clip again and that name matches what you hear. What would we ever do without Google?

That should confirm KYFM 100.1 as the station you heard.
        DX Radios:
        Sony XDR-F1HD
        Sony XDR-S10HDiP
        Tecsun PL-390

Comment

Originally posted by spunker88 View Post
          On the Westco Home Furnishings website the manager of the Dewey location is Brandon Brown. Listen to the clip again and that name matches what you hear. What would we ever do without Google?

That should confirm KYFM 100.1 as the station you heard.
          Bing! I think you have a winner. Sounds exactly how you have it. Excellent research! I only limited me search to the Nowata area.

John
          ];')

Comment

Working...
          X