More UNID's from April 13-14, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More UNID's from April 13-14, 2020

The rest of my recordings from the E's opening from April 14.
    The 91.3 clips are from portions of about 30 minutes of parking on 91.3. I hope there are a few different stations on them, it sounds so to me.

Reposted the clips in mp3 format, sorry.

91.3 1536za 14April2020.mp3
    91.3 1536zc 14April2020.mp3
    91.3 1536zd 14April2020.mp3
    91.3 1536ze 14April2020.mp3
    91.3 1536zf 14April2020.mp3
    91.3 1536z 14April2020 Sounds like he said Radio Laser.mp3
    91.3 1536z 14April2020 Is this YNF3RF Radio Futura.mp3

Mixed clips
    89.5 1552z 14 April2020.mp3
    91.3 0015z 14April2020.mp3
    91.7 Unkn 2058z 14April2020.mp3

And another 96.1 clip, hoping it's not a local translator.
    96.1 0058z 14April2020.mp3

Thanks again for any help IDing these.
    Craig Cook
    Oviedo, FL EL98
    Last edited by WDX4CWC; 04-18-2020, 03:57 PM.

I recall finding a workaround so I can open WAV files. I can't recall that. If I can do that, I can listen to the clips. I am fine with MP3...
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Comment

Common ways to open .wav audio files...

https://www.lifewire.com/wav-wave-files-2622395
      Jim Thomas
      Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
      Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
      Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Download an old version of Winamp or whatever and Windows 10 will open it without a problem and play it.
        Mike B.
        Enfield, CT
        -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
        FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at

mikesdx.com

Comment

Sorry, the clips are now in mp3 format. Thanks.

Comment

91.3 ZA - Two stations battling. "En Todas Partes" in a liner makes me think one is an Exa FM. "Hospital Pro-Familia" in a commercial turns up a lot of results for El Salvador, and it turns out their 91.3 is an Exa FM franchise! "Somos Futura" is in there too — that's Managua, Nicaragua.

91.3 ZC - Seems to be greetings to listeners. One is in Chinandega, which is in Nicaragua. Futura again.

91.3 ZD - Identical to ZA.

91.3 ZE - No IDable material.

91.3 ZF - Coronavirus PSA from Gobierno de El Salvador.

91.3 - That sounds like a song lyric...not "Radio Laser". I have no clue.

91.3 - "Futura 91.3" liner

---

89.5 - no ID material

91.3 - "MTM" jingle...it's Montemorelos again

91.7 - Minuto 60 again, but you shared this clip

96.1 - An ad for a local repair business promoting that it is open... I don't hear ID material
            Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Side note...

The answer to "I need to play X on Y" is almost always VLC. This is what I use to play unIDs including some DXers' WMAs (not easy on a Mac).
              Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Again Raymie I can't thank you enough for taking the time to go through these clips. Your help and with the others that help, adds stations to my log that I would have never been able to. Thanks.

Comment

I managed to open the WAV files on your other batch of unIDs, so maybe I've found a way to manage that. I am on an older Mac and need to do a massive update to allow some programs to work optimally. I did listen to most of the clips, but my Spanish is a word here and there. I could tell a couple were Covid PSAs but I would never have picked out a state sponsored ad versus a federal sponsored ad. And jingles like 91.3 aren't always easy for my ears, (I find even some English language jingles challenging). Quite the bundle of catches for mid-April!
                  Saul Chernos
                  Burnt River ON

Comment

Originally posted by Raymie View Post
                    Side note...

The answer to "I need to play X on Y" is almost always VLC. This is what I use to play unIDs including some DXers' WMAs (not easy on a Mac).
                    What Raymie said. VLC will play just about anything. (and more). And it's free. Really, if you do anything with audio or video you need VLC on your computer.
                    Doug Smith W9WI
                    Pleasant View, TN EM66
                    http://www.w9wi.com

Comment

While I see I can now listen to at least some WAVs I have added VLC. Thanks!
                      Saul Chernos
                      Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
                      X