More vintage unIDs (2015-2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More vintage unIDs (2015-2016)

Still working on solving unIDs from a few years ago... any leads are appreciated! Times are Eastern, location Burnt River ON (north of Toronto):

88.3 unID TrS likely 24MY16 2103 -- ID vaguely sounding like Globe Hound 88-3 in Twitter reference after Mat Kearney 'Air I Breathe' (Christian pop song) -- Likely something in MI IN OH NY PA WI via Tropo scatter, but who knows...

93.9 Es Bill Dobson Ford (IN) 05JA16 1259 -- Rare January Es was close-in ... to IL AR KY MO and such. I think it sounds like Bill Dobson Ford, which is in Indiana. Is that what any of you hear, or not? And who on 93.9 (in IN or otherwise) would carry that ad?

98.5 unID Ms Smooth Jazz 22AP16 0036 -- Who would have had a smooth jazz format on 98.5 on 2016 strong enough to do this on meteor scatter?

99.3 unID Ms website 25JN16 1456 -- Can anyone copy this ad / website reference? Simmons Natural Health.com?

101.3 Ms unID Bria-Toyota 13AG15 -- Really sounds like Bree-yah Toyota.

101.9 unID Ms Jingle 26FB16 0805 -- Jingle sounds to me like Go FM ... ???

102.3 unID Tr-Es 13JN16 1245 -- "...The Flats (???) ... X / Edge (???) 102-3..." ???

104.9 Ms unID ID 13AG15 0103 -- 104.9 jingle followed by what sounds like oldies.

104.9 Ms unID VicksburgsRadio 14AG15 0100 -- Vicksburg radio.com, Pittsburgh... ???

106.3 Es unID WY 17AG15 -- Ad with 3378 North Fort / Ford / Fork Street address and phone number, followed by what sounds liek About Wyo.com ad (WY and CO among states in via Es).

With thanks,

Saul
    Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

88.3 unID TrS likely 24MY16 2103 --
    He is saying, "Hey we know you're all a Twitter, so send us your Tweets at (?) #883" - It sounds like he says the letter 'K' before the pound symbol but that can't be part of the Twitter address because it has to start with the # symbol.

93.9 Es Bill Dobson Ford (IN) 05JA16 1259 --
    Bill Dobson Ford, ditto.

101.3 Ms unID Bria-Toyota 13AG15 --
    Bryant Toyota, Arkansas (name changed to Caldwell Toyota). - He says, " visit BryantToyota.com for more details, or see your local Toyota dealer for a test drive...". Type in bryanttoyota.com in the web address and it sends you to Caldwell Toyota. KDPX Pine Bluff?

102.3 unID Tr-Es 13JN16 1245 --
    ***The liner says, "We are X 102.3" WMBX Jensen Beach FL?

104.9 Ms unID ID 13AG15 0103 --
    *** "104.9" and leads into Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" (confirmed by Shazam!). The announcer says some words right before the frequency but can't make out what they are. Three oldies choices.

106.3 Es unID WY 17AG15 --
    ***Address sounds like 3373 North 3rd Street, which would match Laramie WY, but the exact number may not be clear (seems to be distorted). It sounds like an employment ad, as the announcer says it "requires passionate skills of mixed levels". Announcer mentions gowyo.com, which is the University of Wyoming Athletics. KLEN Cheyenne?
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 05-12-2020, 02:59 PM.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Jim, thanks for comments. Just going into a work call and out but will review the clips per your comments tonight.
      Saul Chernos
      Burnt River ON

Comment

Reviewed clips in light of comments from Jim Thomas, Matt Sittel and Paul Walker:

88.3 -- this one is likely forever unIDed.

93.9 - Bill Dobson Ford is in Washington IN. Had Es to IL KY MO AR. Options include:
        - W230BQ (WRCY-AM) 13.7 mi. Bruceville IN Sports
        - WKTG 79.3 mi. Madisonville KY Rock
        - W230BS (WBMV) 81.0 mi. Effingham, IL Christian Contemporary
        - WLCL 81.5 mi. Sellersburg, IN Sports
        No slam dunk here. Looks like a call to stations or even the dealership to see where they advertise.

101.3 Ms unID Bria-Toyota 13AG15 --
        I think Matt's Buy A Toyota dot com wins out here. It really sounds like a national-type Toyota ad rather than a particular dealership, especially towards the end of the ad. Even if it is Pine Bluff AR, it's not slam-dunk enough to make a logging of it. This one goes down.

102.3 unID Tr-Es 13JN16 1245 --
        I had WMBX Jensen Beach FL a short time prior, so no question it's them, Jim!

104.9 Ms unID ID 13AG15 0103 --
        Not enough to ID it, it would appear.

106.3 Es unID WY 17AG15 --
        ***Address indeed is 3373 North something Street. I originally thought Port or Fort or something like that. Jim suggested 1st, and I'm thinking either 3rd or - somehow - 1st. If it's in Laramie, that's a short drive from Cheyenne. A pretty rough cut, eh! Paul gave this one a listen and reminded me there's only one English language station in WY that's full power, and it's in Cheyenne, which fits the area heard. Jim also points to KLEN. Even with Jim suggesting GoWyo I have trouble hearing the initial part. But I hear two references to "Wyo" in the ad and am convinced it's WY. I will do some double-check on a couple of translators but pending that I'd agree it's almost certainly KLEN.

Thank you for listening and for the leads.

Saul
        Saul Chernos
        Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
        X