Two weird 98.3 unIDs, presume Es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two weird 98.3 unIDs, presume Es

Two totally weird unIDs - or so they seem. Fifty minutes apart on May 30 sandwiched in the 'quiet time' between two Es openings. Both from the same recording of 98.3:

KIss ID with CHR type music. Seemed like an Es fade-up. at 1810 not long after KS-TX-OK had faded away.

An ad for what sounbds like Sun Automotive Springfield, which checks to Oregon if I have the name of the business correct. This at 1814. I was aimed west but that did not stop a rock solid WUIN NC from coming in about ten minutes later to start a huge productive run from NC-SC-FL-AL and finally MS.

Oregon? Really? Nothing of normal power terribly close to Springfield OR, and that would be decidedly double-hop. Kiss could be Winchester VA but that, too, is very close for Es, though I guess feasible. Others near here had VA a little bit later, but COASTAL VA, not the Winchester area...

I can't rule out tropo scatter if something makes particular sense...

Clips attached. Any leads are appreciated.

Saul / Burnt River ON

Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

On the clip for the car dealer, I heard "Southern Motors Springfield".... with WGCO 98.3 Midway/SAvannah,GA... Springfield is just NW of SAvannah. This seems much much more likely then Oregon. He says the word "southern" quickly, hes not saying "Sun"....... and i got that from only reading your post once and not even reading it while listening.. im like wait "what i just heard doesnt match what Saul typed"

I hear no kiss id at all in the other clip, just music.. so this could be anything, no way to ID it but likely WGCO again

Comment

I hear the Kiss DJ ID now..

I wonder if your 98.3 thats Kiss is Tropo scatter, WKSI in the winchester, VA market?

Comment

Working...
      X