5/30 Es unids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/30 Es unids

Attached are some unids from the 5/30/20 Es event. As usual, any help will be appreciated. Hopefully something in one of these will be familiar to someone else.

Thanks-
    Attached Files
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

The 103.5 sounds like "103.5 The Wolf" but that matches nobody. Can't pull out much else.
    Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

The 104.1 sounds like "Froggy 104" to me. If so, that would make it WOGY, Jackson, TN. If your in PA, that would be some short Es though....

Comment

I believe that the 104.1 is indeed WOGY. This season has been full of short skip - Columbus, OH included. Thanks-
        Russ Edmunds
        WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

103.5 has to be either WIKK Newton, IL or KRFX Denver, CO, based on the fact they are playing classic rock. The dj says "...from Apollo 11 in '69, Space Oddity David Bowie. 1 0 3 5 <The no ?>" and leads into Steely Dan's "Reelin' In The Years".
          Jim Thomas
          Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
          Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
          Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

As much as I'd love for it to be Denver, there wasn't any 2x at the time and the band had gone short and into Illinois, so WIKK certainly fits. Furthermore, I was able to ID WIKK about 15 minutes later. Thanks !
            Russ Edmunds
            WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Working...
            X