FM Es UNIDs 7/25/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM Es UNIDs 7/25/20

July 25 brought the best Es opening of the season here in San Antonio. I was able to ID 15 new stations and 24 relogs, mostly from FL/GA/TN/SC but with a few from the midwest and further west. Here are a few that I haven't been able to ID:

107.9 @ 14:33 CT - After receiving GA and SC stations on this frequency, a country station faded in with "Living" by Dierks Bentley followed by "Today's best country and your all-time favorites" and "country variety." I'm unable to match these slogans with any current stations (they do match WYYD's former slogans).

95.3 @ 15:18 CT - This station was playing "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC, followed by DJ talk with a reference to the station's "Cruisin' Around the World Weekend." This was followed by an ad and then an ID which sounds like "Intersection 95.3."

89.7 @ 14:58 CT - Stations from NC and IL were mixing in over my semi-local, followed by multiple IDs that sound like WLDN and WVLP and then what sounds like "The Mix" ID. The WTFDA DB lists 89.7 "The Mix" as W209AL in Macomb, IL, a translator for WGCA. However, I don't hear WGCA mentioned in the list of IDs.

106.1 @ 13:58 CT - Are there any Greek-language stations on this frequency? I heard "Ehe Gia Panta Gia" by Pediki Horodia Spirou Lambrou briefly in between receiving stations from FL and KS. I can't find any Greek/ethnic stations listed on 106.1 in the WTFDA DB, but it could have been a public radio station. (No recording.)

Thanks for the ID help.
    Attached Files

Hi Jim,

Here is your answer regarding the Greek on 106.1 (W291CW in Clearwater, FL): https://www.tantalk1340.com/show/greek-show/

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by JonInFN03 View Post
      Hi Jim,

Here is your answer regarding the Greek on 106.1 (W291CW in Clearwater, FL): https://www.tantalk1340.com/show/greek-show/

Jon
      Thank you, Jon. That's a new logging for me, and I never would've have found that website. Much appreciated.

Comment

95.3 also sounds like intersection, possibly sounding that way because I saw that's what you heard. Maybe there's a couple words and one word is "station" as in "Your (whatever) station."
        Saul Chernos
        Burnt River ON

Comment

What i *CAN* Tell you is that your 95.3 is a *syndicated* format.. that sounds exactly like what Westwood One formats do.. generic bit, sponsorship message then station liner stab. Notice you never hear the jock say the station name

Comment

Thanks, Paul. I did some searches on the full phrase, which was "It’s a Cruisin’ Around The World Weekend! We’re setting sail for ports all around the world for some of the best artists and their biggest American hits." I came up with multiple stations running that same promo/program, such as the WQXO translator on 97.7 in Munising, Michigan, which does appear to be a Westwood One station. I was unable to find any 95.3 stations on Westwood One's list that match what I heard, though.

Comment

Working...
            X