Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ms Three-fer - three unique IDs in minute-plus-long train but questions on all three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms Three-fer - three unique IDs in minute-plus-long train but questions on all three

Found a file of unattended and forgotten-about Ms recordings from late April 2019. One yielded a Ms train lasting well over one minute, with two IDs right off the bat and one near the end. My first potential three-fer! All on 92.7 at 0247 on April 27 2019.

At 0:01 of the clip WK?? ID and the male voice sounds African-American, so this would seem to be WKZJ Eufaula AL.
    At 0:04 another station mixes in sounding like "The W..." (Wolf?) ... no idea who this might be.
    At 0:55 a man then a woman: "We play Pink, we have the hits, Mix 92-7" - I'm curious if others hear something other than "Mix" (if it's Mix my suspect is KLOZ Eldon MO.

Of course calls and slogans can change in a year and a half...

One audio clip below has it all (MP3).

Chances are stations 1 and 2 will be from the same area. While station 3 is in the same burst, this train could plausibly be two separate bursts invading each other's space, so could be anywhere. This wasn't an especially hot time for Ms. Five days after the Lyrids Ms, which is a minor Ms producer. My recordings overall were pretty quiet. I did get "92-7 WKRA" in one burst on Apr 26 for Holly Springs MS (a new catch here). Stations in Sudbury and London ON pack a pretty good 1-2 punch here at Burnt River ON, so the 92.7 is normally pretty hard to work for Ms. But the channel was in the clear for a few days with the two ON stations just fading in every once in a while (probably some low pressure, weather-wise).
    Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON
Working...
X