FM Es unIDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM Es unIDs

Some unIDs from May Es to Burnt River ON - unIDs that continue to stump me or where I'm not 100% certain... any leads are appreciated!

92.7 Sounds like "Plow 92.7" and possible contemporary hits music format. May 31 at 1636 EDT. Have had everything from Florida to Colorado. I considered but am not convinced this is WEOW in FL, and am curious what others think. Any other possibilities?

92.9 We've got 100,000 watts, the most allowed by law, and we're not afraid to use them. 92.9 your #1 radio station." And what sounds like country. The format and power reference should narrow this down considerably. Does the announcer and/or slogan sound familiar to anyone? May 30 at 1513 EDT. Mostly AL FL GA.

93.5 mention of "the Score app" and announcer says "I'm Tony Missouri" (spelling?), mention of " Sports on the 3's". May 31 at 1846 EDT. Mostly FL GA to TN at this point.

95.9 "The greatest hits of all time, classic hits 95.9 K..." May 20 at 1333 EDT. I suspect KWHK KS but far from certain.

96.3 "Variety you can feel good about, (the oldies station ?) ... (Cool ?) 96.3" May 25 at 2023 EDT. Mostly KS NE IA.

91.3 WY Public Radio mixing in, but what I'm chasing is a station that mentions Idaho Forest Products Commission sponsorship. The Meadville station also mixing in is WQLN Erie PA. Would the IFPC sponsor WPR? Idaho would be 2Es distance, and nothing obvious pops up for that state on 91.3. I am truly puzzled. May 31 at 1157 EDT

Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Saul @ Burnt River ON
    Attached Files
    Saul Chernos
    Burnt River ON

Wyoming Public Radio has a list of sponsors, which does not include Idaho Forest Products Commission. However, Boise State Public Radio DOES have some connection to them I've seen, but not enough info to tie it directly to them. The commission is part of the Idaho state government and I don't see them sponsoring other state's programming. Boise State Public has an affiliate on 91.3, KBSJ Jackpot, which this catch would be if it pans out to be them. I suggest sending a message to the commission first. They should know who they give money to. They have a Facebook with additional contact info here: https://www.facebook.com/idahoforests/

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, Great Lakes Coastal Radio, domestic Korean radio, and Chinese FM tropo and Es - find 12+ hours of audio at http://www.chriskadlec.com/ • Tuner: Grundig G8 portable • Location: Seoul, Korea and West Michigan • Home DX sites: Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears, Mich.; Songtan, Korea • Contact me at Chris.Kadlec@gmx.de ]

Comment

92.7 is indeed WEOW. I heard just what you did initially, but then I have been listening to their online stream and heard almost the same ID, "WEOW! 92-7" by the same guy and then when I replayed your clip, THEN I heard it as "WEOW (wow) 92-7" instead of whatever the heck my brain thought it was hearing prior. Sounds a tad awkward in your clip, but it is them.
      [ Radio and weather geeks, beware. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, Great Lakes Coastal Radio, domestic Korean radio, and Chinese FM tropo and Es - find 12+ hours of audio at http://www.chriskadlec.com/ • Tuner: Grundig G8 portable • Location: Seoul, Korea and West Michigan • Home DX sites: Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Mears, Mich.; Songtan, Korea • Contact me at Chris.Kadlec@gmx.de ]

Comment

I have heard the 100,000 watt mention from Valdosta before. Plus, they are just "92.9 Country". They are known as "Valdosta's 100,000 Watt Country Leader" which kinda speaks for itself.

Comment

There appear to be only 2 country stations that are both on 92.9 with 100kW ERP in the AL, GA, FL area. There is WIKX Charlotte Harbor, FL and WAAC Valdosta, GA.

96.3 sounds like Z 96.3, it may be KZDY Cawker City, KS which goes by Z 96.3 The Lake and has a variety format. I listened to their online stream for a few minutes and they appear to use Z 96.3 without "the lake" in their on air branding.
          DX Radios:
          Sony XDR-F1HD
          Sony XDR-S10HDiP
          Tecsun PL-390

Comment

First, re 91.3: It's looking like I've hit the Jackpot on 91.3. Literally. KBSJ Jackpot NV. Because, as Chris recommends above, the Idaho Forest Products Commission person I talked to says they do indeed sponsor Boise State Public Radio. I'm going to call BSPR as well. Paul Walker recommended someone at Wyoming PR and even though IFPC says they don't sponsor WPR I'm curious to talk with WPR about their range. But this is looking to be my first NV catch on FM at just over 1800 miles. It's 2Es distance, but it was mixing in with Wyoming Public Radio and WQLN Erie PA, a TrS regular, and I had nothing that would make sense as anything close to a midway point. It's not unusual to pull a little bit farther at the end of skip openings, so for the time being I'm considering this long single hop. Thanks, Chris. And thanks, Paul.
            Saul Chernos
            Burnt River ON

Comment

Thank you, Chris and Spunker88 for various comments. Valdosta 92.9 and WEOW 92.7 are both relogs, though with WEOW the FL Keys are not too common where I am in central ON. I can hear the Z in the 96.3 - now that I'm looking for that, it's actually clear enough. Also a relog, but nice to settle these things. Thank you to everyone who listened.
              Saul Chernos
              Burnt River ON

Comment

Working...
              X