Need Help with two SS 95.1 Unids from the 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with two SS 95.1 Unids from the 14th

I have three files with 2 hop from the July 14th opening. The HITZ file is what I think is Santo Domingo after comparing it with their online streaming. The religious phone-in show is what I think is La Romana DR with a woman talking and preaching(?). In other clips I have she talks with listeners on the phone.

On the HIBD/WEGM clip you will first hear what sounds like "La Romana" to me, then a fade up of WAYZ in Florida and then a huge fade up of La Mega 95.1 in San German PR with both Puerto Rico and La Mega mentioned.

All three of these are in the same geographical area.

Thank you to anybody who can listen to these. -Mike
    Attached Files
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

At 1:18 in your HITZ 92.1 recording is the call letter ID - "Ah-cheh EE Teh Seh Noventa Dos" (HITZ 92). The song at the beginning was by Luis Vargas "Se Acabaron" (a Dominican musician).
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Hi Mike,

In the first clip I hear "Hits 92" at 00:15 and "Radio Hits FM 92.1" at 01:19. Very typical Dominican music in the clip as well.

In the second clip, "Iglesias Pentecostales de La Romana" is said at 00:05, which points to Bendicion FM. "La Mega de Puerto Rico" at 01:29, followed by "Tienes que escuchar La Garata, lunes a viernes de 11 a 1 PM" and "La Mega, la mas grande..." are slam dunk IDs for WEGM in San German, PR.

Jon

Comment

Wow. Thanks Jim and Jon. Benedicion FM just dominated the channel most of the opening. The DB lists it as just 500 watts! Hard to believe considering that I have ten minutes of audio from it. So far this summer I logged one PR and three from the Dom. Rep. I'm just amazed.
        Mike B.
        Enfield, CT
        -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
        FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
        mikesdx.com

Comment

"I'm just amazed" should be the slogan for the entire 2021 E-skip season. Congratulations Mike on 2Es reception at only 500 watts! It's hard to believe what we all had this summer, from Bryce's reception of Azores and Iceland, to Kyle's reception of Tampa in eastern WA, everyone bagged in the new ones this year.
          FM/AM/SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!

Comment

Working...
          X