Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul
    replied
    I'll post a clip when I get through the latest batch of July 13 recordings. Nothing so far as outrageous as DR and COL, except that I must have sensed 90.1 an important channel to record. A later recording of 90.1, say 10-15 minutes later, yields not one but at least TWO Caracol IDs in close succession. So that one is slam-dunked. I also have some tropical music on 90.1 from the same time period that could be anything. I've saved that with a view to at least figuring out if the music hails from any particular island or country.

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    replied
    HALFWAY point seems to be a few hundred miles north of the Bahamas in the Atlantic, off the FL coast. Bill was spot on yesterday when he had 6 Venezuela and suggested on the logger that we should be looking at FM...

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    replied
    Yikes ... that was not exactly on my list of targets. Thanks, Raymie and Jon. It's over 2300 miles from here, and thoughts of Caracol are generally reserved for AM. I have a few more clips I'm working to isolate. It'll be interesting to start to enter all the various receptions into my sequence date/time log, to see what US South catches coincide and/or do not coincide with the double-hops. These are July 13. Just last night I had Spanish Christian mixing on 90.1, possibly alternating with FL. Larry in Nfld had Caribbean FM just a bit earlier on, I think, and Bill Hepburn was getting 6 Venezuela. The way these 2Es things seem to fade in and out, deeply out at times, briefly in at time, and do best on completely open channels here, I'm wondering if the real action happens JUST BEFORE the US south opens up on skip openings, or when the US fades a bit. I'm now off to look at maps to see where the half-way point is to Barranquilla. Thanks for the skinny on all this, guys!

Leave a comment:

• JonInFN03
    replied
    Hi Saul,

The 1812 clip has "Tu Movil", at 00:09, which is a Colombian Uber-like app. The "Maria Alejandra" at 00:58 in the news report is Maria Alejandra Villamizar, who works for Noticias Caracol. I matched the final clip to her voice on Youtube.

Colombia is quite an accomplishment.

Congrats!

Jon

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    In #1, listen at 0:06 "tenemos racha aqu? en Colombia". The guy that comes on partway through greets Alexandra Montoya. There's also a faded mention at 0:35/36 of "Risar..." which has to be "Risaralda", a city in Colombia. Montoya works for Caracol Radio. Probably their Barranquilla station, 15 kW HJQU.

#3 has a phone call with a Juan Fernando Cristo, former interior minister and senator.

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    started a topic 90.1 Possible Caribbean FM July 13

90.1 Possible Caribbean FM July 13

A signal on 90.9 has already been IDed as Dominican Republic. Others in my area had DR and Puerto Rico.

90.1 - Six clips. Possible Caribbean. July 13. Nothing I can easily pick out that is slam-dunk IDable. My guess is this is a sports station or at least a sports reference or two. But there's ads and quite a variety of content. And the signal, while fading up and down, is relatively clear at times. These clips are consecutive, broken down into small sections for listening, and date-time stamped (EDT, from Burnt River ON).

Any thoughts are truly welcome and appreciated.

With thanks,

Saul
    Attached Files
Working...
X