Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russ-PA
    replied
    Per SDPB's site, the 91.7 Aberdeen translator relays KDSD-90.9 and not MPB. Per MPB, KRFI is MPR News and feeds a translator on 91.1 also in Redwood Falls. The WTFDA db shows the Redwood Falls translator as fed by KNSW-91.7. Thus I don't see any way, based on this, that I should have heard a KRFI ID on 91.7. What I heard could be a portion of an MPB News string ID which faded up toward the end. Guess I need to go back into the SDR file and see what came before and after my recording.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    After re-listening to the clip again, it appears I must have mis-labelled it. My notes indicate this was indeed on 103.3. Interestingly, WSTQ isn’t listed at all in the WTFDA db even though the listing for WIVQ refers to it.

Everything I checked on the web shows KZCK as still HPPR. Not sure what’s going on here without contacting them.

With KRFI showing up on 91.7, it’s possible that the Aberdeen translator picked up the local ID for KRFI from the feed from KNSW, or takes a secondary feed from KRFI. Learning that would require contacting MPR.

The 107.3 would make sense and that was my first thought.

On 92.1, I hear it with what seems like a “D” as with “DAX”. As there are neither a KDAX nor a WDAX, I ran out of ideas. It doesn’t really sound to me like it’s “Axe”.

Thanks to all !

Leave a comment:

• crainbebo
    replied
    If that's KZCK Colby, it still shows it relays High Plains Public Radio and needs to be changed.

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    replied
    K219CM in Aberdeen on 91.7? Might contact that organization and see which networks they support, or check the network web sites which often list sponsors.

I also hear 103.3, not 103.7 ... FWIW, if that's an issue ...

Leave a comment:

• spunker88
    replied
    In the 103.7 clip I hear "Q Hit Music 97.7 103.3" which appears to be WSTQ 97.7 Senator, IL and WIVQ 103.3 Spring Valley, IL. I'm not sure how this would end up on 103.7 unless a translator was relaying it.
    Is 92.1 saying "the axe"? That might be WWGO Charleston, IL
    According to the coverage map for Minnesota Public Radio, 88.1 KRFI repeats 91.7 KNSW Worthington-Marshall, MN
    According to the KGCR website Classic KGCR is also heard on 88.1 KZCK Colby, KS
    107.3 is a station with an AC format and url ending in 1073.com. I think it may be B 107.3 KBBK Lincoln, NE as the URL and format match, and I think I hear a "B" in that clip.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    started a topic July unid Es logs

July unid Es logs

103.7 1212 has what seems to be an ID for a 97.7 but I've not found any connection
    107.3 1213 has a buried station url
    93.9 1934 has a buried liner
    92.1 1959 has what appears to be either a partial call ID without the K or W or else a slogan, neither of which I can match up

88.1 seems to ID "Classic KGCR" . KGCR is on 107.7 in Kansas which is outside of the skip zone
    91.7 contains an ID for KRFI Redwood Falls MN and then a South Dakota promo ( Redwood Falls is on the border ) but KRFI is on 88.1.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Attached Files
Working...
X