June unid Es logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June unid Es logs

I've gotten way behind due to the amount of skip we've had - not a complaint !!! These are all from 6/15's huge event. In most of these I’ve been unable to pull out the entire ID’s. I’m hoping someone else may be familiar with them.

103.7 has a partial ID – conditions were SW
    88.7 has an indistinct ID given by a young child
    89.5 has a partial network ID however I don’t recognize the network
    89.1 has an indistinct ID
    89.7 has an indistinct ID

As before, any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Russ Edmunds
    15 mi NW Philadelphia, PA
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

2 ) SDRPlay RSP1a SDRs, Onkyo T450RDS,
    Yamaha T-80 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    Yamaha T-85 & Conrad RDS Manager;
    all w APS9B @ 15'
    Insignia NSHDRAD2 w/ whip.

In addition, some 6/15 unid's without clips:

Mission Network News but not listed on their site on 91.7 at 10:05 KBPR-MO Bott ?
    Spirit Catholic Radio but not listed on their site on 88.9 at 15:29
    YHN News ( Yellowhammer News - apparently only in AL ) on 93.9 at 15:00

Russ Edmunds
    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

103.7 - Pretty sure the 103.7 half way through the clip is WKXJ Walden TN.... "anytime at 103.7 Kiss FM" and leads off with Shaed's "Trampoline". The Rick Astley song at the beginning is a different station with a classic hits format.

88.7 - Christian Contemporary format. The child's voice sounds like a K-Love type message.

89.1 - You have marked as 1500 and the TOH ID (hard to pull it out), the announcer says "It's 2 o'clock" which would indicate CDT. The news is ABC News with Mark Remillard (d is silent). I didn't know that an 89.1 station would run a commercial network news broadcast.
      Jim Thomas
      Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
      Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
      Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

ABC News...on 89.1? Bermuda???
        FM/AM/SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!

Comment

The 89.1 is puzzling. I’ve heard non-comms use Fox News frequently, so ABC wouldn’t be out of the question. Bermuda almost certainly wouldn’t. I’m not convinced that the time check is the same station, so I was keying on the words before that but couldn’t make sense of it.

With the 88.7, I thought that the child actually ID’ed with calls. On re-listen I’m less sure of that, but she doesn’t say either “Air One” or “K-Love”. I’ve tried matching it to a slogan from the db on 88.7 but also without success. The signal is strong enough but the child speaks so unclearly that I don’t know why they use that clip.

I think the 103.7 is indeed WKXJ now that I relisten to the clip.

Thanks to all !

Russ Edmunds
          WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

BTW, someone on another site said 89.1 was WGZS-WI going into ABC news....
            Russ Edmunds
            WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

I agree with it being the Native American station WGZS. I can clearly hear (although distorted) the TOH ID "This is 89.1 WGZS Cloquet (pronounced 'cloh-kay'). It's 2 o'clock." and into ABC News. WGZS confirms your reception in an email with them. They used to carry AP News and recently switched to ABC News, according to Daniel Huculak, WGZS Station Manager. He tells me he has heard in the past several days from other WTFDA members for confirmation of their signal.
              Jim Thomas
              Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
              Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Thanks Jim ! Could you / did you email me a copy of his ?
                Russ Edmunds
                WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

Forwarded my email communication with Daniel to you Russ.
                  Jim Thomas
                  Springfield, MO EM37

Comment

Thanks again !
                    Russ Edmunds
                    WB2BJH -- Grid FN20id

all w APS9B @ 15'

Comment

I'm surprised non-comms are allowed to use national networks like FOX and ABC for network news. SRN is another story, as it airs on many Christian stations. You'd think a station like WGZS would use Native Voice One. My nearest Native station, KYNR-1490 Toppenish WA, uses NV1 for their news at the top of the hour. There's no webstream BTW, but it has a huge playlist and a lot of Native American powwow chanting in between.
                      FM/AM/SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!

Comment

Working...
                      X