Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crainbebo
    replied
    I'm surprised non-comms are allowed to use national networks like FOX and ABC for network news. SRN is another story, as it airs on many Christian stations. You'd think a station like WGZS would use Native Voice One. My nearest Native station, KYNR-1490 Toppenish WA, uses NV1 for their news at the top of the hour. There's no webstream BTW, but it has a huge playlist and a lot of Native American powwow chanting in between.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    Thanks again !

Leave a comment:

• Jim Thomas
    replied
    Forwarded my email communication with Daniel to you Russ.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    Thanks Jim ! Could you / did you email me a copy of his ?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Thomas
    replied
    I agree with it being the Native American station WGZS. I can clearly hear (although distorted) the TOH ID "This is 89.1 WGZS Cloquet (pronounced 'cloh-kay'). It's 2 o'clock." and into ABC News. WGZS confirms your reception in an email with them. They used to carry AP News and recently switched to ABC News, according to Daniel Huculak, WGZS Station Manager. He tells me he has heard in the past several days from other WTFDA members for confirmation of their signal.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    BTW, someone on another site said 89.1 was WGZS-WI going into ABC news....

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    The 89.1 is puzzling. I’ve heard non-comms use Fox News frequently, so ABC wouldn’t be out of the question. Bermuda almost certainly wouldn’t. I’m not convinced that the time check is the same station, so I was keying on the words before that but couldn’t make sense of it.

With the 88.7, I thought that the child actually ID’ed with calls. On re-listen I’m less sure of that, but she doesn’t say either “Air One” or “K-Love”. I’ve tried matching it to a slogan from the db on 88.7 but also without success. The signal is strong enough but the child speaks so unclearly that I don’t know why they use that clip.

I think the 103.7 is indeed WKXJ now that I relisten to the clip.

Thanks to all !

Leave a comment:

• crainbebo
    replied
    ABC News...on 89.1? Bermuda???

Leave a comment:

• Jim Thomas
    replied
    103.7 - Pretty sure the 103.7 half way through the clip is WKXJ Walden TN.... "anytime at 103.7 Kiss FM" and leads off with Shaed's "Trampoline". The Rick Astley song at the beginning is a different station with a classic hits format.

88.7 - Christian Contemporary format. The child's voice sounds like a K-Love type message.

89.1 - You have marked as 1500 and the TOH ID (hard to pull it out), the announcer says "It's 2 o'clock" which would indicate CDT. The news is ABC News with Mark Remillard (d is silent). I didn't know that an 89.1 station would run a commercial network news broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    replied
    In addition, some 6/15 unid's without clips:

Mission Network News but not listed on their site on 91.7 at 10:05 KBPR-MO Bott ?
    Spirit Catholic Radio but not listed on their site on 88.9 at 15:29
    YHN News ( Yellowhammer News - apparently only in AL ) on 93.9 at 15:00

Leave a comment:

• Russ-PA
    started a topic June unid Es logs

June unid Es logs

I've gotten way behind due to the amount of skip we've had - not a complaint !!! These are all from 6/15's huge event. In most of these I’ve been unable to pull out the entire ID’s. I’m hoping someone else may be familiar with them.

103.7 has a partial ID – conditions were SW
    88.7 has an indistinct ID given by a young child
    89.5 has a partial network ID however I don’t recognize the network
    89.1 has an indistinct ID
    89.7 has an indistinct ID

As before, any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
Working...
X