Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymie
    replied
    In the department of the unexpected, it turns out this is XHVUC's full-time format.

https://www.grupomradio.mx/release/la-gigante/

This station might soon be appearing in an En Frecuencia article... That little white bird on a red heart in their logo is a sign this station is up to sooooomething...

Leave a comment:

• cd637299
    replied
    I had that 95.9 one year ago as Es. I didn’t log the date exactly, but it included a lotta Mexicans & TX stations. Raymie heard my clips. I think a COAH PSA was included.

I still have an unID 95.5 from that same session, that hasn’t been ID’d. Maybe it’s another MEX pirate. It was carrying what had to be a syndicated program (based on my Googling skills), with a “DJ Xtreme”, and RDS included “Party.” It was SS.

cd

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    Originally posted by jim-satx View Post
    Many thanks, Raymie.

For a while I thought this might be XHVUC with a format change since it's in the same general area. But I heard them via tropo less than a month ago with their "La Gigante" branding.

That's quite a lot of pirates. How many have you catalogued in Coahuila?
    7:
    Adoracion 104.9 Frontera
    Radio Alegr?a 88.1 Piedras Negras
    Proyecto 96.7 FM 96.7 Ciudad Acu?a
    La Nueva Cosecha 95.1 Cloete
    Radio Luz y Esperanza 104.5 Saltillo
    Fe Activa 95.9 Piedras Negras
    Radio Unci?n 87.9 Francisco I. Madero
    Puebla has 146, 81 have been catalogued in Chiapas and we know of 51 in Oaxaca. We also have 37 on our list from Tamaulipas.

A lot of religious and small-town stations.

Leave a comment:

• jim-satx
    replied
    Many thanks, Raymie.

For a while I thought this might be XHVUC with a format change since it's in the same general area. But I heard them via tropo less than a month ago with their "La Gigante" branding.

That's quite a lot of pirates. How many have you catalogued in Coahuila?

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    Originally posted by jim-satx View Post
    Last week during morning tropo to the Laredo and Del Rio areas (W/SW of my location in San Antonio), I was hearing a Spanish-language Christian station on 95.9. It was mostly playing music (SS contemporary Christian, not regional Mexican) and had occasional preaching. There were no TOH IDs, and the few IDs I heard didn't seem to include call letters.

Below are some short clips with the IDs that I'm not able to decipher.

In the first, the female DJ is saying something like "Es la frequencia de bendiciones - 95.9 FM" followed by a phrase I don't understand.

In the second, there is a phrase I can't understand followed by "95.9"

(Please note that there is heavy sideband splatter from 99 kW KXXM on 96.1, which is just a few miles from me.)

[ATTACH]n92543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]n92542[/ATTACH]

Any clues? I can't find anything in the WTFDA database from Mexico on 95.9 with a religious format, and the two Texas Spanish-language Christian stations listed on that frequency are low power and not in the reception area. Thanks for the ID help.
    Just because you can't find a religious 95.9 in Mexico doesn't mean there aren't pirates around.

I had to do some digging but this is Radio Fe Activa 95.9 in Piedras Negras.https://www.facebook.com/Radio-Fe-Ac...04736585001212

This (and another Activa 95.9 in Los Mochis, Sinaloa) weren't in the pirate DB that a bunch of us on the Mexico side have compiled, so thanks for bringing it to our attention. We have almost 500 pirates catalogued, at least one in every state.

Leave a comment:

• 9/5/21 & 9/6/21 SS Mexico? TX? Tropo UNID - help needed

Last week during morning tropo to the Laredo and Del Rio areas (W/SW of my location in San Antonio), I was hearing a Spanish-language Christian station on 95.9. It was mostly playing music (SS contemporary Christian, not regional Mexican) and had occasional preaching. There were no TOH IDs, and the few IDs I heard didn't seem to include call letters.

Below are some short clips with the IDs that I'm not able to decipher.

In the first, the female DJ is saying something like "Es la frequencia de bendiciones - 95.9 FM" followed by a phrase I don't understand.

In the second, there is a phrase I can't understand followed by "95.9"

(Please note that there is heavy sideband splatter from 99 kW KXXM on 96.1, which is just a few miles from me.)

SS_UNID_95-9_FM_9-5-21_0824.mp3

SS_UNID_95-9_FM_9-6-21_0810.mp3

Any clues? I can't find anything in the WTFDA database from Mexico on 95.9 with a religious format, and the two Texas Spanish-language Christian stations listed on that frequency are low power and not in the reception area. Thanks for the ID help.
Working...
X