Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymie
    replied
    This is the longest clip of their morning show from 7/13 — try here? Facebook streaming is so hard to work with for this purpose...

https://www.facebook.com/23759061294...35444908247959

Leave a comment:

• GACTVDX
    replied
    After doing extra web researching, I believe the 89.1 is HIHM 'Azucar FM 89.1 La Emisora Del Este' running 5 kW
    from Mayor del Rey, Ciudad del Citrico, Dominican Republic.

The distance is 1554 miles. The town of Mayor del Rey is 49 miles northeast of the capital Santo Domingo.

Their Facebook page indicated that their radio station is the most powerful in the eastern region.

On the Facebook page they are streaming their studio works with both hosts being seen.

While listening to their music streaming site, there was a program on this morning around 10 am that I recorded
    (audio file below) with both of these hosts laughing which sounds like a perfect match to the July 13th audio recordings.

What do you all think? Do they sound like a match?

I appreciated everyone's effort to help me crack this reception case.

References:

(16) AZUCAR FM 89.1 La Emisora Del Este | Facebook

The FMSCAN.org FM database does not list any 89.1 from this country.
    UKW Frequenzen f?r Dominican-Republic (fmscan.org)

Azucar 89.1 fm - Hato mayor (azucar89fm.com)

Regards,
    Mike Schaffer
    KA3JAW
    Easton, PA
    FN20jq
    GACTVDX
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    The 89.1 is hard to pick up much except the two hosts laughing...

The 88.1 is very clearly a Christian preacher, but I cannot find the sermon anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• cd637299
    replied
    Sorry to be late here. As to the 88.1:

”La Palabra” = The Word (of God, the Bible). I am not a betting man, but based on this thread, I woulda bet this is WCRP “Inspira” in Guayama PR. I cannot think of any SS 88.1’s beside WCRP that fit.

✝️ c d

Leave a comment:

• Saul
    replied
    This was a hot 2Es period for us in ON, where DXers had Dom Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia and maybe more. You're very likely in that skip zone. Cast your net wide. (Have you IDed anything from that stretch?)

Leave a comment:

• GACTVDX
    replied
    Forty minutes afterwards I heard a second uniD Spanish station lower down on the dial at 88.1. I have three very short (seconds worth) of audio recording snippets.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GACTVDX
    started a topic FM 89.1 unID Spanish Language

FM 89.1 unID Spanish Language

Going to need a Spanish linguist for this one from the July 13, 2021 spectacular US-Caribbean-Central-South America double-hop Es event.
    I have two very short audio files (MP3) that I suspect is from YNF3EX, Fiesta Latina in Managua, Nicaragua running 10 kW.
    If it is not them, can anyone identify it?

Mike Schaffer
    KA3JAW
    Easton, PA
    FN20jq
    GACTVDX
    Attached Files
Working...
X