Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DX opening stats

I guess I've been meaning to do this for some time, but I finally went back through all of my records to determine how many tropo and Es openings I've had each year. I originally was only going to do it for Baton Rouge, but then I figured, what the heck, let's do it for every location. Attached is an Excel spreadsheet (and charts) with the stats on all of my tropo and E-skip openings ever since I started logging them. Some important notes, however: I was still in my school years up until 1985 (reduced time for DX), and I didn't have preamps or anything more than rabbit ears up until sometime in 1992. Nevertheless, I still had some decent Es stats out in Washington state, if you can ignore the fact that there was no real tropo to speak of!

I didn't really come up with any set criteria for what I deemed an "opening," but I did ignore entries where I only had one or two unidentified loggings on a particular day. I'm sure if I had said the criteria was to be "at least one identified logging," or "duration of opening had to be at least 1 hour," my stats would be much different.

I was under the impression that the early 90's were much better for tropo here in Baton Rouge, but as you can see, 1998 and 2000 were my best years (May 1998 was the month-long tropo extravaganza), and the number of tropo openings has still been good into the 2000's.

As for the 2005 Es season, I'd have to rate it a C, but a few good openings in the fall could bring the year's total back up into the B range.

Jeff
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Working...
X