Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA ch E2 Spectrum Lab graphs plus A2-, A2-0 and A2+

Screen grabs from Spectrum Lab software.

From left to right:

0739 is 48.249USB showing what would be Madrid E2. Signal got to S7 around 6pm.

1724 is a split chart. The top is 48.259 Madrid and the bottom half is 48.241USB which is Portugal, which never got to the strength of Madrid.

0909 is 55.239USB (A2-). This was captured while Newfoundland was going gangbusters. What am I seeing...a faulty xmtr? The main trace is on 1100hz but what are the two to the right ??

1914 is 55.249USB or A2Zero. Are there actually 4 stations there ????

1920 is last, 55.259USB or A2+. 1100hz is a carrier, but what 1050hz? And is that a sideband around 1150hz or even another carrier ?

And 2101 is 48.241 again, but with two carriers ???

Interesting stuff.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Your extra carriers could be "birdies." I hear lots of strange carriers on the R-7000. Nearly anything that's plugged into a power source can be generating RF...other TV's, radios, answering machines, satellite receivers, computers and monitors, cell phones...almost anything.
    73, Ed NN2E
    Owner / Operator - Murphy's Law Test Site & Thunderstorm Proving Grounds
    "You Might Be a Redneck If...
    Your TV is on 24/7.
    Your TV has been permanently on for over a decade.
    The only time your TV is off is during a power outage.
    Your TV gets 512 channels, but you go outside to use the bathroom.
    Your new TV is sitting on top of your old TV.
    Your TV costs more than all of your other furniture.
    Your deer-stand has a TV antenna on it.
    Your cable provider has no idea that you exist."
    Jeff Foxworthy

Comment

Hi Mike.

I think the other carriers could be birdies,listen on the radio direct or put spectrum lab on at a quiet time and see of they are there.

The 19.20 is interesting.I think your WGBH is still going with positive offset,
      think you are getting aircraft reflections off it.You get all sorts of weird and wonderful displays with signals at this sort of distance when aircraft are in the path.I'll try and do a screengrab later of one here.

Attached some speclab grabs from here.One is of A2 minus received on 17th June with 600Hz below it a "wandering" possibly Carribean signal.

The other one is of A3 zero when Brazil was coming in on A2 (TV Brasil Belem).
      Some African transmitters look like this,the "carrier" is just a mess.Pictures do come out of this mess but look noisey and "liney".

The last one is of A2 minus on the 26th June at 21.48 utc with one 500 Hz below the more or less zero offset weak one just moving around,weird !!

Hugh
      Last edited by mrhoover; 06-28-2009, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhoover View Post

You get all sorts of weird and wonderful displays with signals at this sort of distance when aircraft are in the path.I'll try and do a screengrab later of one here.
        You can see this semi local aircraft reflection effect here.This is of RTP1 Mendro Ch E5 (175.25) which is about 100 miles away over a hilly path.

Near the bottom of the grab on the middle a sideband appears to "cross over"
        and near the top when the reflection starts to be strong it looks like 2 or even 3 signals but its only one...

The weak ones just over 1200 and 2350 are from Algeria around 400 miles
        away.Often there are ms bursts over the lower frequency trace.

Hugh

Comment

The last grab makes sense now! I am located under the flight path to Bradley Int. Airport and many of the jets circle right over the house when coming in for a landing on the north-south runway. I see this "twisting" all the time. There is quite a bit of jet traffic in this area although I'm about 10 miles east of the airport. Thanks Hugh and Ed.
          Mike B.
          Enfield, CT
          -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
          FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
          mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Working...
          X