•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    I'm not sure if I ever received the Oaxaca XHHHN-2. I don't count it. I used to see those old-style, big-letter IDs that simply
    read "XHHHNCH2." I have seen the Tehuacan relayer since the widespread use of tiny text IDs and the Tehuacan XHHLO-5.
    Although it is unreadable in this photo taken live, it is readable on the recording. This is the Oaxaca XHHHN-2 from yesterday.
    So I finally saw it.

IMG_5297.JPG[

Leave a comment:

• Gargadon
    replied
    Maybe is a specifical feed for SKY (satellite provider owned by Televisa), because if I remember well, Cablecom gets directly XHTV-4 from satellite.

Are there some stations in your area where you see the XHTV ID?
    Maybe I'm wrong since I don't have even a Canal 5 relayer near.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    That is interesting.

Garadon, how do account for the fact that the text ID is NOT on the other stations every time Foro is on. Just this week I
    watched F programming go way past the half-hour ID time on XEFB-2 without any sign of a XHTV text ID? Are there some
    stations in your area where you see the XHTV ID?

Leave a comment:

• Gargadon
    replied
    I don't think that was a mystery: ForoTV is not designed to be a national network, and there is no national feed for ForoTV (only XHTV-4 that even cable carriers get directly from satellite), so Televisa channels (owned or affiliated) must get XHTV-4 directly.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Raymie, sometimes government regulation is useful.

Mike, that frame-by-frame feature is very useful.

I posted the XHTV-4 text ID photo from August to Raymie's blog a few months back. Unfortunately, that ID was on XHP-3.
    Why that ID was on the satellite feed to other stations is a mystery to me. That was some kind of mistake. So Mike, be
    thankful your ID was on channel 2.

This thread has drifted from a DX report to a discussion of text IDs on XEW and XHTV, so my next post on this subject (later
    today or another day) will be in the Latin America section.

xhp3xhtv4aa08112014.jpg
    Last edited by Danny; 07-17-2015, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    Good job, Mike.

They must have just started using that ID lately.

I'll comment about XEW-2 and XHTV-4 later.

Let me assure anyone here who does not often receive Mexico TV, Mike has IDed this station honestly. Since the mid-1990s,
    it has been impossble to ID the real XEW by seeing on-air ID material. There has been no ID material. Call letters (yes, XEW
    used calls on promos until several years ago), phone numbers, and addresses on ads have meant nothing on that station.
    It's funny what a little telecommunications reform can do, isn't it? XEW running its own IDs. We thought the day would never come.

11 months ago I actually had an item on this, complete with a link to what it looked like, and at the time I noted, "These are only running in Mexico City, which may make identifying the real XEW-2 possible!, but they are small."

This is its TDT cousin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NQ__6fQwGM

XHGC-TDT 50 and XEQ-TDT 44 also have their own ID styles, and the analogs likely have matching IDs.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Good job, Mike.

They must have just started using that ID lately.

I'll comment about XEW-2 and XHTV-4 later.

Let me assure anyone here who does not often receive Mexico TV, Mike has IDed this station honestly. Since the mid-1990s,
    it has been impossble to ID the real XEW by seeing on-air ID material. There has been no ID material. Call letters (yes, XEW
    used calls on promos until several years ago), phone numbers, and addresses on ads have meant nothing on that station.

Leave a comment:

• cd637299
    replied
    Ah, now I see's it....

cd

Leave a comment:

• mp11
    replied
    After tinkering with my iphone's replay settiings on the original video, I'm able to play back literally frame-by-frame, which allowed me to see a little better...what Raymie could see from the beginning.

XEW-TV.jpg Ciudad de Mexico.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Mike, thanks for the latest details.

Leave a comment:

• mp11
    replied
    One thing I saw that I failed to mention about XEW-2, during a commercial break, between ads there was a full screen view of the Televisa logo(stayed maybe 3-4 seconds). First time I'd seen it like this, it was like I said, full screen and sort of silvery-transparent. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready with my camera. Would have made an interesting photo.

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    Raymie, I'm not sure about any of it. Honestly, I think Tehuacan was already on, but I could be wrong. I saw some odd crawling
    IDs back in 1994-1995 mentioning two cities, and that may have been one of those.
    That would have been when they were setting up the network. Keep in mind too that I don't think Mexican stations had to have the city in their IDs until the late 90s/early 2000s. Most equipment couldn't insert more than 8 characters. Televisa's "16x4" setup that they rolled out after 2000 allowed them to add cities and whatnot to their IDs.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Raymie, I'm not sure about any of it. Honestly, I think Tehuacan was already on, but I could be wrong. I saw some odd crawling
    IDs back in 1994-1995 mentioning two cities, and that may have been one of those.

Leave a comment:

• Raymie
    replied
    I'm not sure if I ever received the Oaxaca XHHHN-2. I don't count it. I used to see those old-style, big-letter IDs that simply
    read "XHHHNCH2." I have seen the Tehuacan relayer since the widespread use of tiny text IDs and the Tehuacan XHHLO-5.
    Thinking back on it, I kinda think that the "XHHHNCH2" might have been the Huajuapan station after all. I wonder when the Tehuacán shadow was set up, and I know that whichever station had that type of ID had to have been set up alongside all the Radiotelevisora de México Norte stations as those 62 stations carried the black box ID type.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Gargadon, I didn't know that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Working...
X