Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small mysteries from Portugal!

Whilst receiving Ch A2 and A3 positive offset (55.26 and 61.26 MHz) last night around 21.50 gmt I noticed a zero beating unmodulated carrier on 61.26MHz coming and going over/under the CTV signal (on the news).. This then faded and very briefly a siren type sweeper appeared, faster than the Venezuelan one(which is zero offset).
    The 2 CTV signals(A2, 3)were not in parallel, so one or the other may have been from Ontario.
    https://www.dxinfocentre.com/tv-nam.htm#CAN

For the past few days a strongish unmodulated carrier, zero offset has been around on Ch A2 in the late afternoon /early evening.
    I hope this isn't the Dominican Republic switching off, no sign of the warbler at the same time.
    Hugh

I was going back through last night's recording and this is a little bit of the ChA3 news around 21.50z.

Comment

I believe you were hearing CITO Timmins, Ontario, which is at 61.260 MHz. Lately it's video carrier has been running different and on the SDR screen it looks like a zipper and the audio sounds like a very fast siren. I had a screen capture of it and a brief mp3 recording but appears I deleted both of those files. If I can get a new screen capture of the signal, I will post it here for your comparison. I see it also on meteor scatter.
      Jim Thomas
      Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
      Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
      Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Many thanks for the info, Jim. I'll keep a lookout for it if conditions allow, it certainly didn't last long but fortunately is very recognisable.
        Hugh

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Working...
        X