Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official FMDX-Will DX web log

Well... finally got all the equipment hooked up and decided to fire it up for a small test run. I did the local bandscan to eliminate all the local/Semi local channels. For my log purposes I'm counting "local" to consist of all stations </= 100 air miles. Where I'm at that puts me in 3 "major" local markets: Panama City, Tallahassee, and Dothan, AL. Since I hooked up the yagi I get all Tally stations pretty clearly so they get classified as local now. Also... there is 4 stations out of Destin/Ft. Walton I will count as well. So... this log will cover all stations captured over 100 miles. With that... yesterday after the local bandscan I stretched her legs and snagged 2 Pensacola and an Ocala. I had a 4 on the tropo meter so I was hopeful but didn't get much.

Equipment: Marantz ST 6000 Tuner w/Yagi Antenna

8/18/21(All times CT)
    21:15 WOGK 93.7 Ocala,FL - 215 Miles

EDIT: I've moved my extended local boundary to 150 Miles. This incapsulates Pensacola now... Mobile, AL is just outside this at 157 miles but I'm keeping it extended local as well since some of the transmitters for Mobile are in or near Pensacola.
    Last edited by FMDX_Will; 08-27-2021, 10:04 PM.

8/21/21
    23:33 WRUF 103.7 Gainesville, FL - 193 Miles. Confirmed by now playing (audio file)

8/22/21
    9:18 WMJY 93.7 Biloxi MS - 206 Miles. Confirmed by station ID.
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by FMDX_Will View Post
      8/21/21
      23:33 WRUF 103.7 Gainesville, FL - 193 Miles. Confirmed by now playing (audio file)

8/22/21
      9:18 WMJY 93.7 Biloxi MS - 206 Miles. Confirmed by station ID.
      I got WRUF again... this time with Legal ID, (im not gonna log as a dupe though)
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Working...
      X