Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double-Hop? Long-Hop? Shelby, Montana into Kingsport, Tennessee on FM (1697 mi)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-Hop? Long-Hop? Shelby, Montana into Kingsport, Tennessee on FM (1697 mi)

Talk about luck! I was going through the many unattended recordings from this past summer and found this gem! It's an ID for 96.7 KZIN in Shelby, Montana at about 3:00 pm EDT on July 14, 2021. Looking back in my logs I see that stations were in from all over (NB, PEI, PQ, ON, MB, MI, WI, MN, ND, SD). And now I can add MT to the list. This is my second farthest FM Es catch at 1697 miles.

KZIN 96.7 July 14.mp3

KZIN.jpg
    Attached Files

That's a great catch! July 14th was one memorable day for many of us with double hop all over the place.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Comment

Thanks. KZIN and my other double-hop (CKUA Calgary) are to my northwest. Years ago I figured that the northwest direction would bring me the greatest chance for 2XEs because there seems to be more populated landmass in my 2XEs doughnut in that direction.

Comment

Nice catch Tim that is a lucky fade up for sure!
        Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Just found another new Montana FM from the same day July 14, 2021. It is 105.9 KWMY Joliet-Billings, Montana at 1486 miles. First time I’ve gotten Billings.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Working...
          X