X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleantillas to leave channel 2 in the Dominican Republic

No more 2 in the Dominican Republic.

Teleantillas will move to channel 10 by year's end, according to a bunch of news articles from late June. Grupo de Medios Corripio has been working with Indotel for more than a year to make the move happen, inspired by other Central American countries where there have been high-VHF drop-ins in recent years. Indotel confirmed on June 27 that this was happening and that it had issued a construction permit to test the channel. Corripio owns the adjacent channel 11, but not channel 9.

The move will see Teleantillas leave channel 2 after 39 years of telecasting. The change could be beneficial in two ways, allowing the network to use less transmission power and maybe boost its ratings, according to Dominican telecom expert Eduardo Evertz. As fewer Dominicans use outdoor antennas, the signal may be an easier catch on high-VHF.

With the RD digital transition set for 2021, Teleantillas could conceivably flash-cut on 10 instead of 2.
    Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

I posted in the Log that technology now has it where back-to-back analog channels in the same market (that is, in the same section of spectrum, discounting 4&5, 6&7, and 13&14), can now co-exist.

In ye olde analog days in US and Canada, it would be a no-no.

Humberto in El Salvador started this thread, with interesting photos:

http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...light=Humberto

I say, as someone who would be interested to see a clearer StormTV in Haiti....bring it on!

cd

Comment

Originally posted by cd637299 View Post
      I posted in the Log that technology now has it where back-to-back analog channels in the same market (that is, in the same section of spectrum, discounting 4&5, 6&7, and 13&14), can now co-exist.

In ye olde analog days in US and Canada, it would be a no-no.

Humberto in El Salvador started this thread, with interesting photos:

http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...light=Humberto

I say, as someone who would be interested to see a clearer StormTV in Haiti....bring it on!

cd
      I immediately thought of the Salvadoran case where there had been high-V drop-ins, both 9 and 11.
      Follow En Frecuencia on Medium and Twitter @EnFrecuencia, your Mexican broadcasting blog.

The Reference Section features the HD Radio map, list of Article 90 reserved band clears, and more.

Comment

Thanks info Raymie,

HIJB-2 at 1365 miles is, along with several Cubans, seen often here, always a quick ID with its TA logo. Possibly seen for the last time today!

Doug
        Inman, SC EM85wb

Comment

Originally posted by K4LY View Post
          Thanks info Raymie,

HIJB-2 at 1365 miles is, along with several Cubans, seen often here, always a quick ID with its TA logo. Possibly seen for the last time today!

Doug
          Inman, SC EM85wb
          Not only that....but also Primera 88.1 FM in Dom Rep makes it all the way to PA & NJ at 1600 miles with seeming ease/regularity!

It doesn't work for me at that distance. If it did, Trinidad, Guyana, etc. would be regular visitors!

cd

Comment

cd,
            Even here, as close or closer to many Central American ch 2-6 stations as to HIJB at 1365 miles, I have never ID'd any Central Americans (3 years TV DXing here), but HIJB-2, HISD-4 and several Cubans are in several days a week during E-skip season. Go figure? Even this morning while trying for Perseids meteor scatter, there was HIJB in on E-skip!
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by K4LY View Post
              cd,
              Even here, as close or closer to many Central American ch 2-6 stations as to HIJB at 1365 miles, I have never ID'd any Central Americans (3 years TV DXing here), but HIJB-2, HISD-4 and several Cubans are in several days a week during E-skip season. Go figure? Even this morning while trying for Perseids meteor scatter, there was HIJB in on E-skip!
              Doug
              I was told by a member who commonly gets 2200-mile Es, that the midpoint of the "second hop" is over water, and that is the cause. Still I would think *maybe* Newfoundland would then be a possibility for me. Absolutely no land between FL & NL!!

Maybe that only works in one direction?

cd

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Working...
              X