Cuba ATV 3z (61.25 MHz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuba ATV 3z (61.25 MHz)

Does anyone know which one of the analog 3z stations in Cuba has a video carrier that does this? See attached picture. The graphic is actually a sweeping effect and if you switch the SDR over to one of the side bands and center it, it has a siren sound (the sound rises and falls). I'm pretty sure its not CMEC Santa Clara. I can get CMEC really strong during some E-skip openings and I never see this when they are in. Today CMEC was coming in, but another analog 3 was fading up over them and this would show up. It would fade down and CMEC signal would still be there, but the squiggle line/siren sound would be gone..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cuba 3 6-28-2020.JPG Views:	0 Size:	353.1 KB ID:	90732
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 06-28-2020, 02:50 PM.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Coro Venezuela does this.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Comment

Thanks Mike. I think someone else mentioned previously this could be them. This is only the second time I have seen this and it was much stronger this time than the first time around.
      Jim Thomas
      Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
      Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
      Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

This should be right up Chris' alley. Yet I don't see any posts of his lately. ???
        mike
        TVDXing since 7/27/09

Comment

That's definetly Venezuela.. Attached a Spec lab grab of if a few days ago. It seems to have two "modes",this one and the thing you had with the two different kicks, fairly certain it's from the same transmitter.
          Hugh
          Attached Files

Comment

Siren “en accion”—>

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWrD-B01K9s

Cd

Comment

Working...
            X