Cuba ATV 3z (61.25 MHz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuba ATV 3z (61.25 MHz)

Does anyone know which one of the analog 3z stations in Cuba has a video carrier that does this? See attached picture. The graphic is actually a sweeping effect and if you switch the SDR over to one of the side bands and center it, it has a siren sound (the sound rises and falls). I'm pretty sure its not CMEC Santa Clara. I can get CMEC really strong during some E-skip openings and I never see this when they are in. Today CMEC was coming in, but another analog 3 was fading up over them and this would show up. It would fade down and CMEC signal would still be there, but the squiggle line/siren sound would be gone..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cuba 3 6-28-2020.JPG Views:	0 Size:	353.1 KB ID:	90732
    Last edited by Jim Thomas; 06-28-2020, 02:50 PM.
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Coro Venezuela does this.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Comment

Thanks Mike. I think someone else mentioned previously this could be them. This is only the second time I have seen this and it was much stronger this time than the first time around.
      Jim Thomas
      Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
      Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
      Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

This should be right up Chris' alley. Yet I don't see any posts of his lately. ???
        mike
        TVDXing since 7/27/09

Comment

Working...
        X