47.9 MHz: Chile!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of their six sample streams sound as ambient as the recording you made.
    You would have been quite pleased if the prewar FM band had prevailed.

Comment

ai, I did not attach one song from my catch---a vocal (!!) version of Foreigner's "I Want to Know what Love Is." Kinda creepy.....ambient? Possibly....

cd

Comment

Semi-related question.....

If I get normal E-skip to Panama & Colombia from south FL, would that possibly "enhance" a path to Chile again on the 47 MHz area?

cd

Comment

I think the last song in Clip B is "How Deep is Your Love," sung most popularly by The BeeGees...

Great catch...Chilean muzak sounds like my kind of thing! Now I just need a $7 scanner to receive it on!

Comment

Es linkage into VHF F2 paths is common (as much of the US found out wth South America on 50-MHz the past few days!). From this lat-long it almost seems to be the only way that we can get nighttime TE on 6m.

73, Pat - WA5IYX

Comment

How about a directory of all wide FM stations below the old OIRT FM band?
              Where would they be, and from where were my 10 meter stations coming?
              Last edited by ai4i; 06-01-2011, 06:32 PM. Reason: intense desire to do so

Comment

We just revisited SCAMusica and OMG, these guys now have forty eight channels and specialize in custom music-on-hold services in Chile and Peru.
                They have a completely refurbished web site
                Last edited by ai4i; 08-13-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

ai4i,

William Hepburn's page www.dxinfocentre.com has a list of low frequency stations like STLs & such (like the WFLA radio thingy around 26 MHz)....I did not see the Chileans, but I am sure they are around there somewhere.

Looking forward to the cycle, if I can get my special antenna up.

cd

Comment

Dang. That is just so cool.

Comment

Why Chileans use low freq. band around 47 MHz instead of "normal" 88-108 MHz band?

Comment

They use 88-108. This part of the spectrum is not intended for public listening. It is like our satellite "Muzak" service in the USA.

I hope to hear these again soon.

cd

Comment

"El Bumpo".....

It's 7:30 pm EST 10/10/2011....getting only tones on 47.9/48.7....does SCA Musica go to only tones at times? Would like to hear songs!

cd

Comment

Their deviation this year on those is down from what it was in the prior cycle (or even last March) so they don't sound as loud. On the FT-847 the signal quietens the backgrond hiss but isn't "as full" of audio. AFAIK, they're a 24/7 service. I've rarely heard them on after-dark (classical, fluttery) TEP but was music then. Other South American countries use those frequencies for non-broadcast point-to-point (repeater/simplex) or the equivalent of the US land-mobile service (and maybe other things, perhaps tone pagers ?)

73, Pat - WA5IYX

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                            Working...
                            X