Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska NOAA weather radio into Kingsport TN via Es June 27 2021

What a fantastic opening on this day! I have yet to start going through all the recordings but I wanted to go ahead and share with everyone the fact that I got (presumed) KPS502 from Mullen, Nebraska around the lunchtime hour EDT on Sunday June 27 2021. FM was going nuts as I had multiple frequencies going. I looked at my scanner sitting there idly while I looked at the computer monitor to see 150's and 160's on the map. So I headed outside. Have a listen at these clips. Notice in at least one of them there is a mention of Cherry County which appears to be in the listening area when viewed on a map. Mullen, NE is 1062 miles from my location in Kingsport TN. Now to the clips......
    june 27 162.425d.mp3

june 27 162.425e.mp3

june 27 162.425a.mp3

june 27 162.425b.mp3

june 27 162.425c.mp3

Congrats on the rare, strong Es. What did you use as a receiver and antenna?
    Randy KW4RZ Goldfield, Nevada DM17

Comment

Hey RZ! Thanks! I have a 1990's relic: a Uniden Bearcat handheld with whip virtually identical to the one in this pic: uniden-bearcat-bc-55xlt-handheld-scanner-1_2320172051168861685.jpg

Comment

Are these all the same frequency? File e definitely says “at 11am, at Evelyn Sharp Field in Ord”. Ord has an NWR station, KWN62, but it is on 162.525. The local conditions match exactly what was observed there at 11am CT: temperature 74, dew point 60, northwest winds.
        Matthew C. Sittel
        Bellevue, NE
        mcsdx@yahoo.com
        http://www.matthewsittel.com/dx/dx.html

Comment

Hey Matt! I believe them to be all the same freq (162.425) however I DID manage to hear a minute or two of something on 162.525, but I swear I spoke into the mic by saying "one-sixty-two point five-two-five" when I was tuned to that frequency. I will have to go back and listen to the recording again in its entirety without me skipping through it to make sure one of these clips is not 162.525. I'll reply back to this thread when I find out for sure.

Comment

I should also note: you definitely had KPS502.
            Matthew C. Sittel
            Bellevue, NE
            mcsdx@yahoo.com
            http://www.matthewsittel.com/dx/dx.html

Comment

I listened to the recording again. I'm 99.9% sure the clips are all 162.425.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Working...
              X