Hi From Central New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From Central New Hampshire

Fairly new to TV DX. I have a Channel Master CM4228HD on my roof facing South which I will hack in the spring. I will try to replace it as well with a long range antenna built by Kitz Technologies. It consists of an 8 Foot yaggi - 18 DB gain with a built in preamp bringing the gain to 40.2 DB. But it will be true piece of work to get it up there and stable because the 8 bay faces South and it overlooks a 10 in 12 roof pitch.

At the other end I have a D8 Antenna Direct Facing North that I demodulate in the head end I built with Blonder Tongue DHDC modules that I then pass thru bandpass filters before sending to the combiner.

I also have a yaggi with a custom pre-amplifier of 41 DB at 0.8 DB for a single channel I purchased from Sloveka. Glad to send a link to the party in Sloveka or Kitz Technologies who I highly recommend. The only problem with the Kitz Technologies amplifier is that they are very small and thus hard to connect. I have placed them in bigger boxes.

Can not wait to the spring to do more experimenting.

My question to every body is what is the highest gain lowest noise preamplifier you know of ?

Please read this pre-amp topic thread....

http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.p...RCA-vs-CM-7777

And welcome to the WTFDA Forums, Mr. Hepstein01!
    Jim Thomas
    Springfield, MO EM37

"Let's just plop them in front of the TV. I was raised in front of the TV and I turned out TV." - Homer Simpson

Fall & Winter 2019 dx equipment
    Antennas - Antennacraft MXU59 UHF antenna & home-brew version of Antennacraft VHF Y-10-7-13 antenna @ 25'. Both antennas fed through a Channel Master 7777 30dB pre-amp.
    Tuners - Zenith DTT901 converter box; AirSpy HF+ sdr; Silicon Dust HD Homerun Dual ATSC tuner, using Rabbitears autologger support.

Comment

Working...
    X