Returning after a relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning after a relocation

So, since the last time I visited, I ended up relocating to Champaign, IL. I lived there about 11 months before taking a new job. They had me do the job training in the Dallas area, and now I’m working in lower Manhattan in NYC. Just out of curiosity, I did an FM bandscan yesterday. Half the stations I found were pirates in my neighborhood. I expected some pirates but not that many!
    Daniel KC9HZN
    Danville, IL
    EN60

Grundig G3 (stock antenna)
    GigaWare HD Radio dongle
    Sony CRT TV, DigitalStream Converter Box, Terk HDTVa antenna
    Car radio (stock, no HD, no RDS)

Originally posted by kc9hzn View Post
    Half the stations I found were pirates in my neighborhood. I expected some pirates but not that many!
    Yep, NYC has more pirates than anywhere else, I think. It's hard to DX when every channel is filled with something...iboc, pirates, you name it. Kinda sad when someone from there reports stations like WALK 97.5 or WEZN 99.9 as DX when they are really just semi locals, but that's how bad it is there.

Lower Manhattan, eh? There used to be a place called J&R Music World close to city hall. They had all kinds of cool stuff in there. I wonder if it's still in business.
    Mike B.
    Enfield, CT
    -72° 30' W/41° 59' N
    FN31RX

Online since 1999 and still going at
    mikesdx.com

Archives: The Original Mike's TV/FM Page with Tuner Mods and Lots of Old Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Mike-CT View Post
      Yep, NYC has more pirates than anywhere else, I think. It's hard to DX when every channel is filled with something...iboc, pirates, you name it. Kinda sad when someone from there reports stations like WALK 97.5 or WEZN 99.9 as DX when they are really just semi locals, but that's how bad it is there.

Lower Manhattan, eh? There used to be a place called J&R Music World close to city hall. They had all kinds of cool stuff in there. I wonder if it's still in business.
      How many known "pirate" radio stations exist in that area?

Comment

Working...
      X