May 8th Es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 8th Es

I just got around to checking my logs for the evening Es on May 8th and discovered I had five new loggings. Funny how others up here got Florida but most of mine were from SC and GA.
    The receiver was my TEF6686 radio, watching it online through the interface.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	May-8-Es.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1635
    Enfield, CT USA
    Visit Mike's DX at https://mikesdx.com or go here.

On the web since 1999! (that's 23 years!)
    See what else I have over there

Anyone know what I heard on 87.9 MHz tonight? A recording which has two IDs is attached. The band was open to Mexico, Texas and Louisiana at the time.

87x9 FM.mp3

I never did hear an ID on another Spanish speaking station on 87.9 or the others heard on 87.5 and 87.7.

Comment

Originally posted by WHJ View Post
      Anyone know what I heard on 87.9 MHz tonight? A recording which has two IDs is attached. The band was open to Mexico, Texas and Louisiana at the time.

[ATTACH]n1637[/ATTACH]

I never did hear an ID on another Spanish speaking station on 87.9 or the others heard on 87.5 and 87.7.
      I fed this audio through Google text to speech since my Spanish isn't that good and it came back with "841 radio televisión creando historias" which points to the Facebook page for a station called 841 Radio/TV and the slogan "Creando Historias" appears on their page. According to their Facebook banner they broadcast​ on 87.9 and according to their Facebook page they are located in San Fernando, Tamaulipas​ in Mexico. I couldn't locate any call letters, does Mexico license stations on 87.9?

https://www.facebook.com/RadioTV841?locale=en_US
      Last edited by spunker88; 05-18-2024, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spunker88 View Post

I fed this audio through Google text to speech since my Spanish isn't that good and it came back with "841 radio televisión creando historias" which points to the Facebook page for a station called 841 Radio/TV and the slogan "Creando Historias"
        That's it--thanks!!!

I found their audio and video at:
        NOTICIAS VESPERTINAS CON EL LIC. CESAR ZUÑIGA | EN LA 87.9 FM | By 841 Radio/TVFacebook | Facebook
        I heard the identical "Radiotelevisión..." ID repeated the same way via the web audio source.

That was a lot better than getting an automated reception. They do not appear to have any RDS. I should have been able to decode that when they were strongest. They just might not have a call sign...
        Last edited by WHJ; 05-18-2024, 03:02 PM.

Comment

841 Radio is shown in the FM database on FMList as 3kw. No calls are shown. The fact that it is listed doesn't mean it is a government authorized station. It might be a pirate.

Comment

841 Radio is indeed a pirate in San Fernando, Tamaulipas. Mexico does not have authorized 87.9 stations. The owners do have concessions for actual legal stations (XHCCCM-FM 94.9 in Soto la Marina is on the air).
            Writer of En Frecuencia, bringing you reality in Mexican broadcasting news and information.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymie View Post
              841 Radio is indeed a pirate in San Fernando, Tamaulipas. Mexico does not have authorized 87.9 stations. The owners do have concessions for actual legal stations (XHCCCM-FM 94.9 in Soto la Marina is on the air).
              Thanks! I will need to listen more to see if the weaker Spanish speaking on 87.5 was La Tropimax in Mazatlan, Guerrero, Mexico (heard at the same time) or some other closer Mexican Pirate.
              Last edited by WHJ; 05-31-2024, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks! I will need to listen more to see if the weaker Spanish speaking on 87.5 was La Tropimax in Mazatian, Guerro, Mexico (heard at the same time) or some other closer Mexican Pirate.
                Mazatlán is in Sinaloa. It is quite far from your target area, so I suspect someone else. If you have audio, I am more than happy to help.
                Writer of En Frecuencia, bringing you reality in Mexican broadcasting news and information.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymie View Post

Mazatlán is in Sinaloa. It is quite far from your target area, so I suspect someone else. If you have audio, I am more than happy to help.
                  I am not too worried about the 1,338-mile distance to Mazatlán, Sinaloa, but the most likely station active on 87.5 in Mexico is listed as being in Mazatlán, Guerrero. See: Tropimax - Mazatlan, Gro., Mexico | Listen to Free Internet Radio | Radio FM (appradiofm.com)
                  That being 1,632 miles away from me would require double hop Es. 841 Radio is around 1,116 miles away from me.
                  I had short recordings of the station on 87.5 but they were not part of my saved file--I thought that they were. Thanks for the offer.
                  Last edited by WHJ; 05-31-2024, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I am not too worried about the 1,338-mile distance to Mazatlán, Sinaloa, but the most likely station active on 87.5 in Mexico is listed as being in Mazatlán, Guerro. See: Tropimax - Mazatlan, Gro., Mexico | Listen to Free Internet Radio | Radio FM (appradiofm.com)
                    That being 1,632 miles away from me would require double hop Es. 841 Radio is around 1,116 miles away from me.
                    I had short recordings of the station on 87.5 but they were not part of my saved file--I thought that they were. Thanks for the offer.
                    There is no state named Guerro, but there is a Guerrero. And, somehow, I have found that locality...apparently in the municipality of Chilpancingo. I cannot verify that this station currently exists or has any recent social media mentions.

But I can tell you Mexico is crawling with pirates, at least 500 to 600 of them. In some places, pirates exist with little to no formal web presence. I know of a station in Tabasco whose existence has only been confirmed by DX clips. I found an 87.5 I wasn't aware of in Ignacio de la Llave, Ver. while doing digging in your PTA.

Comment

Working...
                    X