AM unIDs - Possibly NC and LA - Dec 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM unIDs - Possibly NC and LA - Dec 2023

All three unIDs are on my AOR and south antenna, from Burnt River ON (100 miles northeast of Toronto).

1) 1050: MP3 titled "1050 WLON-huh NC Lincolnton" -- On Dec 23 I paralleled Dire Straits (Money for nothing) under 1050 CHUM to the web stream at WLON in Lincolnton NC. Then an ID surfaced at 1823 EST which puzzles me. After the ID it goes into ELO (Don’t bring me down). The ID sounds like "Goldsboro's greatest hits" - which would be 1150 WGBR. WGBR was heard here multiple times, but I know I was on 1050. It also might mention an FM. Aside from the fact I was consciously working 1050, 1150 CKOC was (and would be doing) Bloomberg at this hour and CHUM is sports. So I know that it's 1050, and that I haven't mixed up recordings.

2) ​1130 MP3 titled "1130 unID ID" -- On Dec 23 at 1901 EST. I IDed WCLW NC Eden running southern gospel a little bit afterwards. But this ID, heard earlier, seems different, sounding vaguely like: “North Carolina…WKXB…a ??? Media station.” Then it goes into “CBS News on the hour.” I can't quite make it out to be WPYB, which is the closest any of the three NC 1130s sound even remotely like, phonetically. WPYB is also southern gospel, and the music here sounds like a pop song - one that's vaguely familiar but I can't put a name to it. I've considered that maybe I'm wrong about hearing "North Carolina".

​3) 1470: MP3 titled "1470 unIDs" -- On Dec 21 at 1959 EST I have two stations fighting it out. I am hoping to ID both. One has a voice sounding like the NOAA National Weather Service voice, which I don't hear very often on conventional stations. Have any of you ever heard this on 1470? The other station has some kind of healthcare ad, mentioning circulation, with an area code sounding very much like 337. That would potentially fit KLCL Lake Charles LA. I have tried to 'hear' 837 but it keeps sounding like 337. I'm less certain about the phone number itself , which sounds like (4?)92-97??.

The audio clips, MP3s, are all linked below. Curious if any of you hears anything familiar to you, or which somehow just makes sense to your ears.

With thanks,

Saul Chernos
    Attached Files

Thanks to Tim Hall, who IDed the 1130 as Brazil. WAMB Brazil IN, to be precise. It's 500 watts and does come in occasionally.
    The others remain unIDed...

Comment

Working...
    X