Spanish AM unIDs (Latin America)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish AM unIDs (Latin America)

Any leads or thoughts about these four Spanish-language stations ? Heard at Burnt River ON, north of Toronto. Times EST, AOR 7030+:

610 — 2340 Dec 22 — Spanish ID that was not //WPLO-GA stream or Atlanta-area e-SDR. I can make out possible call letters, then "AM'eh", at about 25 seconds into this clip, so I know there's an ID. But that's about as far as I can manage. It's underneath CKTB-ON (talk) on south antenna .

700 - 2345 and 2348 Dec 20 - Two clips, about 5 minutes total, in continuity. Not exactly an unID. I managed to // this to Radio Sucre HCRS2 Guayaquil Ecuador webstream. So I know it's them. This has a man and woman talking in Spanish. Weak-moderate u/WLW-OH (talk). I would love to know what they're talking about - and for all I know maybe there is something IDable here. Mention of Maria at the start makes me wonder if it's religious. But I honestly don't know. South antenna.

​710 - 0659 Dec 18— Pretty much right off the bat, a possible ID, then a chord from what sounds like Mexico's national anthem, then bumper music. Any sense of which Mexican station?

750 - 0527 Dec 19 - Spanish talk with possible ID at the start of this recording and potentially ID able information carrying on for a good chunk of this recording. In the few days around this stretch, I did manage two stations from Argentina. But I have a feeling this might be something else.

Any leads, comments and listens are appreciated, with thanks!

Saul

Attached Files

610: I hear La Primera, 6-10 AM. XEBX? They're not continuity-obligated but they stuck around a while. I'm unsure of their status myself on AM.

The 710 is the end of a program — Hasta Que Amanezca (Until the Sun Rises) — on Radio 710 XEMP-AM Mexico City. Overnight music block.
    Writer of En Frecuencia, bringing you reality in Mexican broadcasting news and information.

Comment

Thanks, Raymie. XEMP is in occasionally here. They were my prime suspect. Re 610 - just curious ... would you rule out (or possibly agree with) an assessment of my 610 clip as possibly saying Candela (and thus pointing to XEUM Valladolid)?

Comment

I'm told that 610 XEGS's longer ID liners (generally speaking) include the phrase "La Primera Estación Radiodifusora Que Le Dió Voz al Corazón Agrícola de México," so XEGS could be a possibility. XEBX appears to be long gone. I'm still considering XEUM Valladolid (Candela)​ but I don't think it's them.

Comment

Working...
        X