Spanish language unIDs from 2010-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish language unIDs from 2010-2012

A decade-plus offers a great time buffer for hearing unIDs with fresh ears. I've pulled a few RCN IDs and some Cubans from some older clips the last few days, and even on ones not solved I've found a few more clues. Any thoughts or leads on these Spanish language unIDs from 2010-2012 are greatly appreciated. Even if it's a sense of what's said. I'm north of Toronto ON.

680 - 19 Jan 2012 0657 & 0659 - I'm anticipating Mexico here given the time, and the sound of the station. The first clip is fairly strong but CFTR Toronto, on my path, is holding fort here. But I think this two clips, especially the first one, might have potential for IDable content.

940 - 26 Oct 2011 0601 EDT - It's probably Mexico City, but I'm wondeirng if there are any clues in what's said.

1040 - 14 Mar 2011 0052 EDT - earlier on I IDed Radio Victoria, Cuba. But I had two stations, and am wondering if this recording might contain clues about that one. R Victoria, btw, seems to have left the airwaves since I heard it.

1070 - 12 Dec 2011 1855 EST - I think there's an ID after a pop song. I'm not making it out, though.

​1080 - 22 Jan 2012 1903 EST - This feels Cuban, to me. Any sense of which one, or if it's something else?

1190 - 10 Sep 2011 0624 EDT - My guess, given the hour, is Mexico. Anything of value in what's said in this clip?​

1600 - 25 Oct 2010 1954 EDT - Quite a bit of talk here, including numbers, but with my limited Spanish I'm not making enough out for any clues. I suspect a US station here but am not certain.

Any comments or leads are appreciated, with thanks.

Saul / Burnt River ON
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Saul; 02-04-2024, 12:00 PM.

Tracks are now stereo. I didn't realize they were mono because my headphones work automatically on both sides (not all of mine do; and surprisingly these were cheap freebies).

Comment

940: "De fiesta Puerto Rico... el equipo femenino de baloncesto ... oro en los Panamericanos". Well that's not what we expected! WIPR AM?

1070: La Fiera or La Fiesta 1070, but I really do not know.

1190: Talk segment about extreme poverty in Mexico. There's a mention of "Estado de México", but it might be as the state with the most extreme poverty.

1600: I hear a mention of "Siete Estrellas" early. Then in another ad. 4xx 664 6060 or 7070. "Calle 4 y ???" maybe Hillman?. It might be a meat market, and I think the other name is an English name. I think I hear "Brownsville Kia" in the next ad, but that can't be right in 2010, can it?
      Writer of En Frecuencia, bringing you reality in Mexican broadcasting news and information.

Comment

Thanks for listening, Raymie. 940 WIPR is noted, was common back when this recording was made, in 2011, though not noted in recent years. Maybe because I focus mostly west and southwest these days. The 1070 really is hard to tell. I've trashed the 1190. As for the 1600 I think it's area code 404, and with 664 would point to the Atlanta area, which has a Spanish station on 1600 that is easily heard here. I don' think it's Brownsville Kia. The announcer is a fast talker but I still think the word is still shorter than that. I searched a list of Atlanta area Kia dealerships, didn't see anything obvious, but still think this is GA. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X