My DXing equipment for 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DXing equipment for 2023

March, 2003, resumes 71 years of TV and/or FM DXing. Not much equipment difference from 2022. At age 82, I'm still able to climb up atop the towers, but just barely! I spent autumn and winter on ham radio 12M, 18M, and 30m QRP (mostly FT8) trying to add three more bands to my five band QRP DXCC (100 countries contacted). Did it on 30M and got real close on 12M and 18M, before switching back to FM and TV DXing in March. April is usually very good here for tropo, and of course E-skip begins in May.
    For FM and some TV, I use an Air Spy Mini and an Air Spy HF+ Discovery which both scan the FM band and upload to Rabbit Ears.I also use them for analog TV audio and for checking ATSC 1.0 pilot carrier strength. For TV I also use a Samsonic tuner which I like better than my similar Insignia. I also have a DTMB tuner hooked up to a Kitz preamp and 4-bay, fixed south on Cuba in case the band ever opens those 900+ miles. I monitor 200 KW Jacan, channel 45, where I have no LTE interference. My main TV DXing is done with HDHomeRun Dual and Flex 4K tuners which I'm trying to get scanning again. Below are some photos of the antennas which include an InnoV 14 el chimney mounted for FM and an old roof mounted Antennacraft MXV 5100 for VHF TV. On my 66' Rohn 25 tower I have ham antennas for the bands 144, 222, 432, 902,,and 1296 plus the old Antennecraft 5 el channel 3 antenna you see near the top. At the other end of the house, my 66' Rohn 45 tower has my big 50 mhz yagi plus several TV and FM antennas including the fixed 4 bay high on the tower along with the rotatable 2 x 91 xg, Stellar FM antenna, Stellar VHF-HI and other 4-bay UHF near the top-

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	7 Size:	966.7 KB ID:	470Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	729.0 KB ID:	471Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	930.6 KB ID:	472Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	913.2 KB ID:	473Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	928.1 KB ID:	474​​
    Last edited by K4LY; 03-31-2023, 04:33 PM.

Excellent setup! Also enjoyed seeing the window-line and dipole in one pic.

Comment

Working...
    X