6/10/23 SS Mexico/Central America Es UNID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6/10/23 SS Mexico/Central America Es UNID

From about 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CT on June 10 in San Antonio, I received Es from SE Mexico (mostly Yucatan plus Tabasco, Campeche, and Quintana Roo) and NW Central America (Guatemala and Belize).

Below is a 2 minute 4 second clip of a Spanish-language station on 93.7 at 11:31 CT from that opening that I'm not able to ID. A song apparently titled "Gloria a Ti" ends while a DJ gives an ID ending in "FM" that I can't decipher. It's followed by bumper music, more DJ talk (mixing with another SS station briefly) and another song.

Thanks for any ID help y'all can provide.​

SS_93-7_Es_UNID_6-10-23.mp3

I hear a lot of mentions of Buenos Aires for some reason, so there may be a locality with this name near the station. I cannot pick out what he is saying. It might be an indigenous language. I don't think this is a licensed station if it is Mexico.
    Writer of En Frecuencia, bringing you reality in Mexican broadcasting news and information.

Comment

Thanks, Raymie. At points it does sound like the DJ is speaking in an indigenous language. Also, I did a search on Buenos Aires localities in Mexico and Guatemala and found that there are too many of them to pinpoint exactly where this might have come from.

Comment

There is a Buenos Aires, Huehuetenango, Guatemala (west end of central Guatemala), not very far from Chiapas, Mexico. Your 93.7 frequency has a licensed Huehuetenango (district capital) FM station, which is news-talk. You would have to determine if the content of what is being spoken about Buenos Aires is localized to an area (in contrast to the city in Argentina). And that is the best I can do for you.

Jim Thomas
        db.wtfda.org

Comment

Thanks, Jim. Christian songs were being played, so I don't think the format matches the Huehuetenango station. Also, as Raymie noted, the DJ talk appears to be in an indigenous language. Besides "Buenos Aires," the only other words I can make out are "FM" and "cabal."

Comment

Working...
          X