Google Earth KML File for all NOAA Weather Radio Transmitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Earth KML File for all NOAA Weather Radio Transmitters

Discovered another great resource. A Keyhole Mark-up Language (KML) file that plots the location of all NOAA Weather Radio transmitters geographically. This can be used in the web browser, or imported into Google Earth to help map the distances to your location.https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...309375002&z=10

Some of these are pretty inaccurate, but it's definitely a good starting point. There's also a map at RabbitEars.info, plus a shameless plug for my own project here (no map, just a text listing of locations where known).

Comment

Chmod755. Thank you for posting about your Weather Radio project on the forum. I hadn't come across it in my searches, but will spread the word! We have an active group of Weather Radio DXers on the Slack app. If you're interested in joining, just send me your email address and I will send an invitation. The same goes for any others who are interested.

Bill Nollman produced a list of NOAA Weather Radio stations as a spreadsheet which allows you to input your lat/long to obtain azimuth bearings and distance. I can't upload it here because it is in .XLSX (Excel) format. But it is on the Slack channel.​

Comment

I'm not on Slack, but might consider joining for that reason.

I used to operate WeatherRadio.info (and another domain before registering that one around 2003-04) and have been tracking weather radio expansion and DX since the mid-90s. Used to run a listserv for weather radio updates during the peak of NWR expansion as well. I sold the .info site about a decade ago as life was too busy at the moment (relocation, new job, newly married, etc.) but registered the .net site a while back and have been trying to restore what I can from my old site. Just completed modernizing/correcting the station listing on the site last week, but it remains a work in progress. Working on getting it to show up better on Google/Bing/etc.

Comment

Big fan of the original site, and really loving the new one as well. We'd love to have you in our group on Slack. #WXDX is great fun!

Comment

Working...
          X