Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super tropo brings new most-distant personal FM Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super tropo brings new most-distant personal FM Logs.

The past few days there's been historic tropo over a wide area of the country. I was on the eastern fringes of it Saturday night August 19 into Sunday morning. Two of my catches shortly before midnight beat my previous personal best record of 668 miles. :WRVR-104.5 (The River) Memphis, TN at 974 miles, and WGFX-104.5 Gallatin, TN at 790 miles.

I am attaching audio clips of both. With WRVR listen closely for "104.5 The River" right near the beginning, then a Memphis commercial. 104.5 WRVR tropo (edit) mp3.mp3

The second clip is WGFX, with audio from the Titans' Radio Locker Room Show, with commercial mentioning Nashville. 104.5 WGFX tropo (edit) mp3.mp3

The signal paths for both stations traversed mostly hilly and mountainous terrain.​

Originally posted by dtvdxer View Post
    The past few days there's been historic tropo over a wide area of the country. I was on the eastern fringes of it Saturday night August 19 into Sunday morning. Two of my catches shortly before midnight beat my previous personal best record of 668 miles. :WRVR-104.5 (The River) Memphis, TN at 974 miles, and WGFX-104.5 Gallatin, TN at 790 miles.

I am attaching audio clips of both. With WRVR listen closely for "104.5 The River" right near the beginning, then a Memphis commercial. [ATTACH]n1034[/ATTACH]

The second clip is WGFX, with audio from the Titans' Radio Locker Room Show, with commercial mentioning Nashville. [ATTACH]n1035[/ATTACH]

The signal paths for both stations traversed mostly hilly and mountainous terrain.​
    Congratulations with your 974 mile record!
    Last edited by KY-Near-Cincinnati; 08-22-2023, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X