X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antennanut View Post
    I hope this makes sense.
    ...It's a fix as long as I stay on AM.
    Hold the center button down until the settings option screen shows up. Turn the top knob until you get to AM Settings, then push that top knob (not button). From that screen you can chose the desired MW default Stepsize.

In a similar fashion on the FM Settings you can select a 200 kHz stepsize there, a 75 us deemphasis, make sure that it's set for USA RDS on the RDS settings page, etc. if desired.

Comment

Changing the RDS to USA? Which buttons do that? I know my current RDS is in European. KYPL-91.1 should be 'RELIGIOUS MUSIC' PTY and it shows 'SOCIAL AFFAIRS' instead.
      I was able to figure out the AM settings. But the AM reception isn't great in this noisy, awful apartment. I'll stick to nearby SDRs until I can get my own place and an external antenna (or my 909X gets repaired). I'm focused on FM with this hot-rod.

Comment

I don't think you can. If you look at my webserver you will see the European Pty codes shown. My radio is flashed to version 2.0. I have a RDS/RBDS conversion table on a sheet of paper that I use to convert Pty codes.

Clarification: yes, my radio does show RBDS Pty codes. What doesn't is the webserver UI, which only shows Europe, and since 99% of the time I use the UI on my monitor, I thought the radio only displayed European codes and I was wrong. I wonder why it doesn't.
        Last edited by Mike-CT; 04-22-2024, 07:57 PM.
        Enfield, CT USA
        Visit Mike's DX at https://mikesdx.com or go here.

On the web since 1999! (that's 23 years!)
        See what else I have over there

Comment

Originally posted by crainbebo View Post
          Changing the RDS to USA? Which buttons do that?
          I am talking about a TEF6686 using version 2.00 with Patch 205 software. As I mentioned, choose "RDS Settings" instead of "FM Settings."
          Click image for larger version

Name:	TEF6686 Main Menu.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1602
          The second option on that menu is "Region" which gives you the choice of USA or Europe.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	TEF6686 RDS Settings.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1603
          With USA selected, the proper Pty information will be shown. Examples:

STATION -- USA SETTING -- EUROPE SETTING
          KVNO ............ Classical ............. Other Music
          KUCV .............. Public ................. Travel
          KEZO .............. Rock ................. Education
          KTGL ........... Classic Rock ............ Drama

The above is what I saw on my TEF6686 with the two Region settings. The information shown on my TEF6686 with the USA setting is correct.
          Last edited by WHJ; 04-22-2024, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X